It’s the most magical time of the year at Walt Disney World. The Magic Kingdom is decked out with extra doses of glisten, sparkle, and pixie dust. Even though it’s one of the more popular times to visit, that’s not a good reason to miss the festivities around the holidays, especially Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party.
In 2017, the Christmas party is back with all your favorite holiday fun. The night includes appearances by Mickey Mouse, Santa with photo opportunities that include Jack Skellington and more. The special holiday festivities feature live entertainment, dazzling fireworks, and a cheery parade. The party becomes even merrier with complimentary treats and hot cocoa, plus a magical snowfall on Main Street, U.S.A.
Here are a few of our favorite tips to make your Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas party magical:
Best tips for Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party
Guests who already have tickets can enter Magic Kingdom at 4pm, three hours before party officially begins.
Don’t waste time on meals!
Eat a big lunch and plan to snack on a lite dinner. So much to see and do you won’t want to waste any of it waiting for food (or at the dessert party — skip that!). IF you do need to eat, use the mobile ordering capability of Disney’s My Disney Experience app to skip the lines.
Catch the 2nd Parade!
Arrive early for a good seat to see Mickey’s Once Upon A Christmas Time Parade. 2nd parade is always less crowded, although Main Street fills up fast after the Fireworks.
After the 2nd parade, lines for attractions drop way down. You may find character meet and greet lines shorter then too.
Don’t miss the free treats!
Don’t forget the free hot cocoa and cookies. Last year there were many different types of cookies to enjoy! But you have to walk around to find them all.
Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party is a hard-ticket event, which means you have to by tickets in advanced. Because ticket prices range from $84 to $109, you’ll want to make sure you have a good strategy to maximize your fun.
Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party features enchanting entertainment, including:
- Mickey’s Most Merriest Celebration: Mickey and his pals invite some of their friends over for an unforgettable Christmas party filled with music, dancing, color and fun on the Cinderella Castle Forecourt Stage! The celebration features medleys of delightful holiday songs both classic and contemporary, along with special effects, magical projections and beloved Disney characters including Woody and Jessie from “Toy Story,” Fantasyland friends such as Peter Pan and Snow White.
- A Frozen Holiday Wish: Arendelle royalty and their lovable snowman visit Magic Kingdom Park to help everyone feel the wintry chill in the air and love in their hearts. “A Frozen Holiday Wish,” presented on the Castle Forecourt Stage, features Anna, Elsa, Olaf and Kristoff. As a gift to the kingdom, Elsa lets it go and uses her icy powers to transform Cinderella Castle into a sparkling palace of ice. This glowing spectacle will be broadcast live on November 9 on the Disney Parks Blog, for all those who wish to be among the first to see Queen Elsa’s magic kicking off the holiday season at Magic Kingdom park.
- Holiday Wishes Fireworks– Celebrate the Spirit of the Season: This holiday nighttime spectacular lights up the skies above Cinderella Castle with breathtaking fireworks and beloved music.
- Mickey’s Once Upon a Christmastime Parade: It’s lovely weather for a sleigh ride down Main Street, U.S.A. in “Mickey’s Once Upon a Christmastime Parade.” Santa Claus, gingerbread men, elves, reindeer and other friends from the North Pole join Mickey and his pals for the happiest holiday parade.
- Club Tinsel, located inside Cosmic Ray’s Starlight Café in Tomorrowland, becomes the coolest place to get down with a DJ and some North Pole pals in the cheeriest dance party this side of Santa’s Workshop!
- “A Totally Tomorrowland Christmas” – Buzz Lightyear, Mike Wazowski and Stitch join host Haley Comet for an intergalactic musical revue on the Rockettower Plaza Stage. The show is full of modern twists on classic holiday songs and the coolest dance numbers in town!
- Santa Claus is coming to town! – When he’s not appearing in “Mickey’s Once Upon a Christmastime Parade,” Santa drops in on the Town Square Courtyard near City Hall over on Main Street, U.S.A, where Guests can whisper their fondest wishes to him.
The special party – complete with cookies, cocoa and snow flurries – begins at 7 p.m., after regular park hours. But guests with party tickets are welcome to enter the park as early as 4 p.m..
Dates for this year:
November 9, 10, 12, 14, 16, 17, 26 and 28
December 1, 3, 5, 7, 8, 10, 12, 14, 15, 17, 19, 21 and 22
For more information and to purchase tickets for this after-hours spectacular: Disneyworld.com/Christmasparty