If you’re not watching Star Wars Rebels, the DisneyXD animated TV series from Lucasfilm, then you’re missing some of the best storytelling in the entire Star Wars Universe. Set in the early days of the rebellion against the empire, the series is racing toward a penultimate fourth-season and an encounter with the events of “Rogue One” and “Star Wars: A New Hope.” There’s no time like the present to start watching, but first you’ll want to catch up with the shows from Season three.
Available August 29, Star Wars Rebels: Complete Season Three delivers all 22 action-packed episodes of the hit CG animated series’ third season, plus exclusive, never-before-seen bonus material on Blu-ray and DVD! The story threads begin to tighten in this thrilling season of Star Wars Rebels, drawing connections to The Clone Wars, Rogue One and the original Star Wars trilogy into the series’ epic storyline.
Having established a secret base on Atollon, the Ghost crew, now led by a more powerful Ezra, strengthens the Rebel fleet by acquiring new resources and recruits eager to stand against the Empire. However, the Imperial efforts to eliminate the Rebellion are now being led by the coldly analytical Grand Admiral Thrawn, whose strategic, tactical and cultural insights make him a threat unlike any they have faced before. Ezra and Sabine must take on new roles and challenges as the Rebels prepare for their biggest mission yet – a direct assault on the Empire.
Star Wars Rebels was created by Dave Filoni (Star Wars: The Clone Wars), Simon Kinberg (“X-Men: Days of Future Past”), and Carrie Beck. The Lucasfilm Animation production is also executive-produced by Filoni and Kinberg.
Featuring the voices of Freddie Prinze Jr. (“I Know What You Did Last Summer”) as Kanan, Vanessa Marshall (TV’s “Young Justice”) as Hera, Steve Blum (“The Boxtrolls,” “Cowboy Bebop”) as Zeb, Tiya Sircar (“The Good Place,” “Master of None”) as Sabine, Taylor Gray (TV’s “Bucket and Skinner’s Epic Adventures”) as Ezra, Dee Bradley Baker (“American Dad,” “Phineas and Ferb”) as Captain Rex and David Oyelowo (“Selma” and “The Butler”) as Agent Kallus.
- Return To Mandalore — Explore where Mandalore fits within the Empire’s regime – and whether Sabine can unite her people against the Imperial forces.
- Thrawn: A Legend Reborn — Learn Thrawn’s significance in Star Wars lore, and what the future may hold for this memorable villain.
- Apprentices to Outcasts: Kenobi And Maul — Track two adversaries who’ve clashed throughout Star Wars history, and find out why the time was right to conclude their story.
- The Original Rebel: Saw Gerrera Returns – Extended — Meet the Original Rebel. This exclusive extended version features Forest Whitaker discussing the character he brings to life in both Rebels and Rogue One.
- Five Audio Commentaries — Featuring Dave Filoni (Executive Producer), Justin Ridge (Supervising Director), Killian Plunkett (Art Director), Keith Kellogg (CG Supervisor) and Joel Aron (Lighting and FX Supervisor)
- All DVD Bonus (see below)
DVD bonus features:
- A Rebel Alliance — Discover how the formation of the Rebel Alliance in Rebels ties into the Rogue One timeline – and the exciting story possibilities that lie ahead for season 4.
- Rebels Recon — Go behind the scenes with the cast and crew in 19 entertaining and information-packed episode recaps!
Will you be adding the Star Wars season 3 Blu-Ray, DVD to your collection?