Disney Springs tried a few Food Truck events a couple years ago to what I thought was great success. The food trucks were becoming very popular in Orlando and locals came out to enjoy some of their favorite trucks then spent some time wandering Disney Springs. Once construction on the expansion for Disney Springs got serious, the food truck events stopped and Disney brought in its own themed trucks and placed them in Exposition Park (between Bongos and Starbucks on the Westside).
Now Disney has a new food truck event it’s calling “Springs Street Eats Food Truck Rally” and it’s parking itself on the Westside near Cirque du Soleil on Friday, June 2 from 4 to 11pm and on Saturday, June 3 from Noon until 11pm.
Two of Disney’s trucks will join six popular trucks from the community for the tasty event:
- Fantasy Fare – Treat your senses to fan favorites found at Disney theme parks around the world – like the famous Hand-dipped Corn Dog!
- World Showcase of Flavors – Try signature sandwiches inspired by the cuisine featured at the Global Marketplaces during the annual Epcot International Food & Wine Festival.
- Caketeer – Offers high quality gourmet cupcake and custom cake products throughout the Downtown Orlando and Central Florida area, made using the finest culinary-grade ingredients.
- Philly’s Best Cheesesteaks – The best cheesesteaks in or out of Philly are on the prowl on the streets of Florida! Philly’s Best Cheesesteaks are serving up hot and fresh cheesesteak sandwiches just for you! Real Philly Cheesesteaks, you just can’t get any better than that!
- 900 Degreez Pizza – This converted container food truck features a bespoke imported Italian wood-fired oven that can cook a pizza in an unbelievable 90 seconds. The food truck façade features an all-glass panel that allows customers to view the chefs at work.
- Magic 4 UR Palate – Maintaining a high standard and quality to creativity, our dishes are appealing to the eye and at the same time arouse the taste buds, leading you to crave more.
- The London Fish and Chippy – Homemade beer batter is the perfect dip for preparing specialty haddock fish and chips. Bringing seafood lovers a vast selection of fresh fried seafood you will enjoy.
- Tikiz Shaved Ice – Bringing sweets to the streets, Tikiz Shaved Ice is the ice cream truck of the future! Offering Ice Cream as well as refreshing Hawaiian Shaved Ice where Guests can dispense their own custom shaved ice syrup creations.
Hope to see you there supporting some of Orlando’s local food trucks and the return of a great idea to Disney Springs. Let’s hope they make it a regular event.