It was a rainy day at the Magic Kingdom yesterday, but we stuck it out and had a lot of fun in the late summer crowds. The plaza/hub refurbishment is continuing, but most of the focus now is on Cinderella Castle and nearby garden areas.
Here’s a video update with a look at the latest changes around the hub.
Among the changes:
- They walled off the Cinderella Castle stage and are doing some serious work replacing parts of the stage.
- Two of the four new towers that are being added to the hub have been revealed. They’ll house things like lights and speakers.
- The former rose garden area is now a forest. Sad to see that gone forever.
- The former water fountains and shelters are returning, just a little further away from the castle courtyard.
- We also caught some work on the facade of Castle Couture store in Fantasyland.
Are you looking forward to seeing the Plaza and Cinderella Castle stage when the refurbishment is complete?
There are so many changes happening or have already happened at WDW. We’d planning a trip in December, will the castle be completed by then? I just can’t imagine a visit to Magic Kingdom and not being able to walk through Cinderella’s castle.
Have they said when this was all expected to be done? Hoping it is completely finished before we arrive in April.
Is it just me, but does the new “forest” in the old rose garden obscure the view of the castle? What’s the point of all those trees I wonder.
Pingback: Magic Kingdom rumor mill grows as two big projects wrap up | The Disney Blog