Disney’s Polynesian Villas & Bungalows just reopened with a dedication ceremony that featured a fire artist and drums. A small group of cast members and media gathered atop Sunset Pointe for a ceremony that brought the spirit of Polynesian islands to Orlando to officially open the newest Disney Vacation Club option for guests.
We also were able to interview with Ken Potrock, Senior Vice President and General Manager of Disney Vacation Club, who gives his best pitch for why the latest Disney Vacation Club resort is the best option for families that love to visit Disney.
Three longhouses from the Polynesian Village Resort were converted into Disney Vacation Club Villas featuring 360 deluxe studio villas. 20 over-the-water bungalows will, no doubt, become the prized reservation for the well-to-do at Walt Disney World.
“This is truly a stunning addition to the Disney Vacation Club portfolio,” said Ken Potrock, Senior Vice President and General Manager of Disney Vacation Club. “Research has told us that Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort is one of our most beloved Walt Disney World Resort hotels. As a result, we integrated a new Disney Vacation Club resort that stays true to the original character of this spectacular and iconic property.”
The Deluxe Studios at Disney’s Polynesian Villas & Bungalows are the largest at Walt Disney World Resort, sleeping five guests each. Each features tropical décor complete with striking prints, bamboo-style fixtures, a whimsical hidden pull-down bed and a split bathroom perfect for families. The Deluxe Studios also offer the flexibility of connecting to an adjacent room.
The resort’s Bora Bora Bungalows are the first such accommodations ever created by Disney. The two-bedroom, two-bathroom Bungalows transport guests to a tropical haven filled with Disney touches. Each Bungalow sleeps eight guests and offers a view of the Magic Kingdom Resort area. Inside the Bungalows, modern luxuries with an island touch add life to the already exquisite design. Amenities include a full kitchen, two bedrooms complete with flat panel televisions, split bathrooms, washer and dryer, two hidden pull-down beds featuring playful artwork, a private plunge pool on the back deck, and many other special touches.
Check out our Fact Sheet for Disney’s Polynesian Villas & Bungalows DVC below:
Disney Vacation Club Villas
The new resort features Villa accommodations that sleep anywhere from five to eight guests, providing enhanced flexibility and choice to members (fully accessible Villas are available).
- Deluxe Studios – Sleeps up to 5 guests
- Bungalows – Sleeps up to 8 guests
Disney Vacation Club is building 360 Deluxe Studios, opening in phases beginning April 1, which are the largest at the Walt Disney World Resort and feature a queen-size bed, queen-size sleeper sofa and a pull-down bunk-size bed beneath the television. They also offer a kitchenette, private porch or balcony, wall coverings and upgraded finishes. These rooms feature a split bath design, with one bathroom area housing a walk-in shower and sink, and the other bathroom area providing a tub/shower combination, toilet and sink. This innovative design allows for multiple members of a party to get ready at the same time.
Bora Bora Bungalows
The following are some of the many features that can be found in the resort’s 20 two-bedroom, two-bath over-the-water Bungalows:
- Artwork – Pops of color combined with classic mid-century modern style are found throughout the Bungalows, along with tropical hanging lanterns on the back deck, and special artwork on the wall and pullout beds.
- Living Room – Offering one queen-size sleeper sofa, one pull-down bunk-size bed with custom artwork, flat panel TV, ceiling fan, one broad area rug and glass doors that open up to the back deck.
- Full Kitchen – Including dinnerware, coffee maker, glassware, flatware, pots and pans, microwave, toaster, stove, oven, refrigerator, dishwasher and volcanic rock-inspired countertops.
- Master Bedroom – Featuring a king-size bed, ceiling fan, flat panel TV, custom artwork, two nightstands and windows overlooking the Seven Seas Lagoon.
- Master Bathroom – Connected to the master bedroom, the master bath includes a walk-in shower with rain showerhead, whirlpool tub, toilet and in-mirror TV.
- Second Bedroom – Featuring one queen-size bed, one pull-down bunk-size bed, flat panel TV, ceiling fan and two nightstands.
- Second Bathroom – Separated into 2 sections – one with a tub/shower combo and vanity, and a second area offering a powder room with toilet and vanity.
- Private Deck – Private back deck runs the full width of the Bungalow and features a plunge pool, lounge furniture and speakers designed to play the soundtrack in sync with the Magic Kingdom Park fireworks.
- Plunge Pool – Located on back deck, a handrail and steps lead into the plunge pool, offering views of Seven Seas Lagoon.
- Laundry – Stacked washer and dryer in each Bungalow.
Guests staying at Disney’s Polynesian Villas & Bungalows can enjoy any of the following delicious dining options at the nearby Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort:
- ‘Ohana – Delight in ‘Ohana’s Best Friend Breakfast buffet featuring Lilo and Stitch, or a Hawaiian-style feast dinner.
- Disney’s Spirit of Aloha Show – Enjoy an enchanting luau with Polynesian dancing and an all-you-care-to-enjoy, family style feast.
- Kona Café – This relaxed café infuses a bit of Asian zest into traditional American meals and features an onstage sushi kitchen.
- Tambu Lounge – At this island-themed watering hole, find tropical drinks and Hawaiian-inspired appetizers.
- Trader Sam’s Grog Grotto – This themed lounge serves handcrafted Tiki cocktails served in souvenir mugs, as well as small plate snacks.
- Cook’s – At this 24-hour quick service restaurant enjoy signature specialty items, pastries, grilled chicken sandwiches, flatbreads, salads, hamburgers and more.
- Pineapple Lanai – Indulge in the world-famous Dole Whip soft-serve treat along with bottled beverages.
- Kona Island – Enjoy everything from coffee and pastries in the morning to made-to-order sushi and sashimi in the evening.
- Barefoot Pool Bar – Relax by a white sandy beach as you sip on Tiki drinks and take in magical views.
- Private Dining (Room Service) – Room service available
Disney Vacation Club members staying at Disney’s Polynesian Villas & Bungalows are just steps away from an abundance of recreational opportunities at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort. Some fun and relaxing activities include:
- Pools – Enjoy a refreshing swim in the resort’s feature Lava Pool, delight in the Kiki Tiki Splash Play Area or lounge the day away in the Oasis Pool.
- Seven Seas Marina – The lakeside marina offers an assortment of watercraft available to rent along with private cruises and excursions on Seven Seas Lagoon.
- Campfires – Roast marshmallows and relax around the campfire once the sun begins to set.
- Fishing – Guided fishing excursions and dockside fishing are available at the marina.
- Lilo’s Playhouse – Little ones from ages 3 to 12 years of age can enjoy making crafts, playing games, and other Disney activities in this supervised club.
- Movies Under the Stars – Watch favorite Disney films at outside movie screenings.
- Jogging Trails – Enjoy jogging around one of the resort’s trails.