If there’s one event I look forward to every year, it’s the Food and Wine Classic at the Walt Disney World Swan & Dolphin hotels. Each year the chefs from the hotel’s 17 award winning restaurants prepare and serve samples of their best dishes, which you can pair with amazing wine tastings from around the globe.
The event runs two nights, October 31st and November 1st and is a very affordable $90 with an advanced purchase. No theme park admission is required, but there is a fee to park.
The tasting menus for each evening have been released and they look amazing. The menus are actually slight different on Friday and Saturday, so maybe you’ll want to attend both.
Both nights: Oct 31st
- Shula’s – Tenderloin, Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes, sauce bordelaise.
- Picabu – Taqueria – Corn Tortilla, Barbacoa of Beef, Organic Vegetables, Cheddar Cheese, Lime Wedge, Lettuce, Onion, Shaved Radish, Pico de Gallo, Assorted Hot Sauces
- Desserts by Executive Pastry Chef – Laurent Branlard:
- Chocolate Crunch Napoleon, Hazelnut Daquoise, Chocolate Whipped Cream, Chocolate Layer
- Lemon Peel Mousse and Blueberry Cream Dome, Lemon Angel Food Cake
- Tres Leche Sponge, Exotic Cremeu, Vanilla Bavaroise, Exotic Gelee, and Coconut Marshmallow
- Chocolate Dome Bavaroise, Caramel Cremeu, Chocolate Flourless Cake, Milk Chocolate Glaze
- Raspberry Compote, Yogurt Pannacotta, Jam Filled Raspberry, Raspberry Marshmallow
- Orange Peel and Gran Marnier Cream Puff, Almond Sable, Chocolate Coated Almonds
Just Oct 31st
- Fresh Mediterranean Market – Thai chicken salad, organic greens, green papaya, tamarind-ginger dressing
- Cabana Bar & Beach club – Belle & Evans Chicken Yakitori, Mushroom Tsunomono, Miso Crackling
- The Fountain – Falafel: Chick Pea Fritter, Tahini, Traditional Garnish
- Bluezoo – Charred Octopus, Sauce Remesco, Espinette, Olive Vinaigrette
- Kimonos – Dragon Roll: Crispy Shrimp, Tuna, Avocado
- Garden Grove – Blackened Salmon, Spinach Puree, Meyer Lemon Beurre Blanc
- Il Mulino – “Arancini” – Ossobuco, Carnaroli Rice, Spicy Tomato Sauce
- Cib’s Smokehouse – Handcrafted Bacon, Sweet Potato Puree, Caramelized Onion Barbeque Sauce, Chestnut Chip
Just November 1st
- Il Mulino – Black Pepper, Campanelle, Parsnips, Pancetta, Truffle-Parmesan Brodo
- The Fountain – Lamb Gyro – Braised Lamb, Toasted Pita, Tzatziki Sauce
- Bluezoo – Shrimp Cocktail Steamroller
- Cabana Bar & Beach Club – Grilled Scallop, Puffed Rice, Edamame, Ponzu Jelly
- Garden Grove – Fish ‘n’ Chips: Beer Battered Sustainable Bass, Tartar Foam, Vinegar “Chips”
- Kimonos – Spicy Yellow Fin Tuna, Nori, Seasoned Rice
- Cib’s Smokehoue – Smoked Pork Collar, Corn Bread Puree, Charred Corn, Smoked Tomato Bacon Ragout
For more information or to book, please visit www.SwanDolphinFoodandWineClassic.com or call 1-800-227-1500
Previously: Walt Disney World best kept food and wine secret – The Swan and Dolphin Food and Wine Classic – returns for its 5th year.