I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend. Don’t forget to file your taxes today, if you haven’t already. With that public service announcement out of the way, here are a few stories you might have missed:
- The Orlando Sentinel’s business team thinks Disney is on the right path with its theme park and resort spending, even if that money isn’t currently focused on Walt Disney World.
- USA Today has some tips on scoring cheap(er) airfare to Orlando.
- The Orlando Thrill project is close to getting the green light. The 70 acre, 15 attraction park could make an announcement sometime this week.
- LaughingPlace.com posted an update from the Magic Kingdom. Lots of good pictures showing progress in Fantasyland and a new Pirates character.
- John Lasseter of Pixar is interviewed by ComingSoon.net and he dishes on Cars 2 and where you’ll find some shoutouts to the sequel in the California Adventure Cars Land.
- Winnie The Pooh has been released in the UK, but we have to wait until July 15th in the US. Variety has an early review if you don’t mind a few spoilers.
- Arizona State’s football team is changing their mascot. With that move another bit of Disney history vanishes into the past.