The new Big Wave Edition DVD of Disney’s Lilo & Stitch captures an ocean’s wave of fun and adventure in one the most overlooked gems on the crowded beach of animated films. The two-disc set is Jam-packed with games and awesome bonus features that take viewers behind the scenes of the movie.
The wildly original story features an independent little girl named Lilo and her adopted alien “puppy,” the mischievous Stitch, a runaway genetic experiment from a faraway planet. After crash landing on Earth, Stitch wreaks havoc on the Hawaiian Islands, but he also learns about loyalty, friendship and ‘ohana, the Hawaiian tradition of family.
The two-disc set includes pretty much all of the supplements from the previous release, and adds a few new ones. Disc 1 includes materials from the original release, including the excellent Director’s Commentary.
The most exciting new material is on the second disc. A two-hour making-of documentary covers every single aspects of the film’s creation. There are candid interviews that will please every animation fan. Plus there are new deleted and alternate scenes, including the original ending.
• Five Deleted Scenes
• Two Early Versions of Scenes
• The Story Room: The Making of LILO & STITCH—an Interactive Behind-the-Scenes Look
• Audio Commentary by Directors Chris Sanders and Dean DeBlois
• “Your ‘Ohana” Music Video Featuring The Hawaiian Chorus
• “I Can’t Help Falling in Love With You” Music Video Performed by A-Teens
• Lilo & Stitch Island Adventure Games
• A Stitch in Time—Follow Stitch Through the Disney Years
• DisneyPedia: Hawaii—The Islands of Aloha: Explore the Hawaiian Islands
Feature run time: Approx. 85 minutes
Rated: USA: PG (Mild sci-fi action. Bonus material not rated.)
Technical specifications may only apply to feature
Aspect ratio: Widescreen (1.66:1)
Sound: Dolby 5.1 Digital Surround Sound
Languages: French and Spanish subtitles