You may know that Walt Disney World is one of the most popular places to get married in the world and is a world class honey moon destination as well. In fact, Disney has put a lot of effort the last few years (including a remodel of the Wedding Chapel) to add plenty of romantic opportunities throughout the 40-square mile playground.
Whether your tastes are simple, like a moonlit stroll, or luxurious, like a private dinner for two on a fireworks cruise, here are 10 ideas for a romantic Valentines Day, or every day, at Walt Disney World.
1. Spa treatment for two. What’s more luxurious than a spa treatment? Share that experience with someone special at either Senses location (Grand Floridian or Saratoga Resort) with a couples room where you can get matching massages or other specialized spa treatments.
2. Sunset in the sky. Take a dusk time trip aboard the Characters in Flight Balloon at Disney Springs. From the breathtaking height of 400 ft up in the air, you and your special someone will enjoy a 360-degree view of Walt Disney World and beyond.
3. Take a Love Boat. The Grand 1 — Grand Floridian’s 52-foot yacht — can give couples, or parties up to 18, stunning view of “Wishes” fireworks at the Magic Kingdom from the water of Seven Seas lagoon. The service can include a butler and gourmet meals and includes a captain and deck hand. If the Grand 1 isn’t available, consider a floating pontoon boat with an order of champagne and chocolate-covered strawberries.
4. Dine on high. The California Grill atop Disney’s Contemporary Resort is 15 stories high and provides a breathtaking view of the Magic Kingdom and its nightly fireworks. You can also dine in the bar or just enjoy a dessert.
5. Dance and dine. The Beasts castle in New Fantasyland houses the Be Our Guest restaurant. The perfect setting for romance as ‘snow’ falls on the French countryside outside the ballroom. Enjoy French-inspired cuisine and fine wines. I don’t think anyone would mind if you danced the waltz on the way out.
6. Award Winning Romance. For many year’s running Victoria & Alberts in Disney’s Grand Floridian has won the Five-Diamond Award from AAA for its gourmet cuisine. The restaurant oozes elegance with its Royal Doulton china, Cristofle silver, and personalized menus. Ladies also receive a long-stemmed red rose at the end of the evening.
7. Sweet Tooth. At Disney Springs be sure to visit The Ganachery, Disney’s new chocolate shop with a proprietary recipe for custom-made ganache. Nearby is Amorette’s Patisserie, which features classic and contemporary pastries from Disney chefs.
8. Beautiful Bouquets. Sometimes nothing says I love you more than a dozen roses. Disney Floral & Gifts can make that, or another arrangement, happen and provide a one-of-a-kind magical experience a your Disney resort room.
9. Romantic Ride. Fort Wilderness Resort features Horse-drawn carriage rides. A leisurely adventure through the wilderness of Walt Disney World Resort can be a romantic treat for couples looking for a secluded nighttime outing. The antique carriages depart from Pioneer Hall and traverse through the scenic landscape of the 750-acre rustic resort. A similar experience is available at Disney’s Port Orleans Riverside Resort.
10. Life’s renewal. You don’t have to get married at Disney to have a romantic ceremony. Consider a vow renewal celebration. Disney’s Fairy Tale Wedding experts can create a magical ceremony suited just to you.
What is your idea of a romantic evening at Walt Disney World? Have you ever spent Valentine’s Day at the Vacation Kingdom?