Last week we wrote about the disturbance in the Force that marked the transition of StarWars.com from its legacy login system to Disney ID. Of course, if you already have a Disney ID, this means your login will now work at StarWars.com. So that’s a bonus, right there. The dark side, light side thing is tough to work out sometimes.
This week, with the site’s official relaunch, we get a peek under the hood of the upgraded official fan site for Star Wars and all the cool stuff you now have access to.
- Long-form articles and videos that go behind the scenes of past, current and upcoming projects
- Exclusive online videos, including a behind the scenes video of the making of Chopper from the upcoming series Star Wars: Rebels, and more to come in the following weeks
- The immersive Databank, an encyclopedia of hundreds of pieces of Star Wars knowledge about characters, creatures, locations, droids and devices.
- Details about upcoming fan events
- Users can log in with their Disney ID to access upcoming special features and digital experiences
- New, simple navigation and design
- Rich, responsive, consistent experience across all platforms and devices using the same technology that powers the entire Disney Interactive Media portfolio
Via the new website fans will enjoy more exclusive videos, in-depth coverage, interactive elements, and community features that enable fans to connect and share their love of Star Wars fellow fans across the universe.
I think I need to hire their web designer for this blog. Check it out and let us know what you think here in the comments.