The out of date and infrequently open House of Innoventions inside EPCOT’s Innoventions exhibit hall is due to receive an extreme makeover and a new set of sponsors. The new version will have a more eco-friendly bent with a focus on helping homeowners reduce their environmental impact. The new name is VISION House in Innoventions and it’s primary sponsor will be Green Builder Media, a North American media company focused on sustainable living.
Inspired by Green Builder Media’s VISION House demonstration home series, the experiential exhibit will highlight the major themes of whole-home automation, energy efficiency, water conservation, indoor environment quality, security, multi-generational design, and durability. Visitors will learn that each house is a set of interactive systems, and that proper management of those systems will maximize comfort and minimize operational costs.
“We founded Green Builder Media to create positive change in the world,” says Sara Gutterman, CEO of Green Builder Media. “We are thrilled to have the opportunity to work with Disney to demonstrate to homeowners that small behavioral modifications can make big differences in their environmental impact. Our goal with the VISION House in INNOVENTIONS at Epcot® is to deliver a powerful and inspiring message that makes sustainability personal—to help families ‘bring green home,’ literally and figuratively.”
INNOVENTIONS cast members will lead guests at VISION House through a guided tour, featuring building science fundamentals, integrated design elements, green products, and intelligent systems that enhance the home’s sustainability. Then, visitors will be directed into a post-show area, which will contain interactive kiosks that contain further information about sustainable living.
Throughout the exhibit, visitors will be encouraged to consider how they can reduce their personal impact on the planet, as well as changes they can implement in their own homes to make them more sustainable, healthier, safer, and more durable.
As guests tour the home, they will be educated on the latest in advanced products and technologies, including:
- Electronic vehicle charging station by Siemens (NYSE: SI)
- Chevy Volt electric vehicle by GM (NYSE: GM)
- High efficiency heating and cooling systems and controls by Trane and innovative whole-home automation system and door hardware by Schlage, both brands of Ingersoll Rand (NYSE: IR)
- Durable and environmentally friendly exterior systems, including smog-eating tile roofs, cultured stone, bricks, permeable pavers, and trim by Boral
- Ventilation solutions to improve indoor air quality by Panasonic (NYSE: PC)
- Water-conserving fixtures, faucets, showerheads, and home standby generators by KOHLER
- ENERGY STAR certified home appliances by Bosch
- LED lighting solutions by SYLVANIA
In addition to the onsite exhibit, Green Builder Media will launch a comprehensive technology platform that will integrate advanced online, mobile, digital, and social media solutions to compliment and expand the onsite experience.
I’m happy to see some new blood move into the space. It sounds like much of the existing exhibit won’t have to be updated that much. Kohler already sponsors the kitchen and bath parts of the house.
Are you interested in learning about ways to live greener and converse better in your home?