As a general rule, theme parks keep their attendance figures and projections closely held secrets. But fans and investors want to know how individual theme parks are doing, so the Themed Entertainment Association partners with AECOM each year to give it their best estimate.… Read More »Theme park Attraction attendance report released for 2014
TEA has released its 2012 Theme Park attendance estimates listing the 25 most attended theme parks in the world. Disney has the top 8 spots and 3 others in the top 20. Not a lot of surprises if you’ve been following developments last year:
1. Magic Kingdom: 17,536,000 (+2.3% change)
2. Disneyland Park: 15,963,000 (-1.1% )
3. Tokyo Disneyland: 14,847,000 (+8.5%)
4. Tokyo Disney Sea: 12,656,000 (+8.5%)
5. Disneyland Park, Disneyland Paris: 11,200,000 (+1.9%)
6. Epcot: 11,063,000 (+2.2%)
7. Disney’s Animal Kingdom: 9,998,000 (+2.2%)
8. Disney’s Hollywood Studios: 9,912,000 (+2.2%)
9. Universal Studios Japan: 9,700,000 (+14.1%)
10. Islands of Adventure: 7,981,000 (+4%)
It’s that time of the year again when the Themed Entertainment Association (TEA) releases its report that ranks the top 25 theme parks globally based on attendance. Definitely a few surprises, but it’s no surprise that the biggest mover is Universal Orlando Resort’s Islands of… Read More »TEA Releases Top 25 Theme Parks for 2011
The 18th Annual Thea Awards Recipients were anounced by TEA (Themed Entertainment Association) today. The annual awards for the themed entertainment industry celebrate excellence in storytelling that supports the creation of compelling places and guest experiences. As you might expect Disney is well represented.
- Imagineer Joe Rohde won the newly christened “Buzz Price” award (formerly the Thea Lifetime Achievement Award) for his lifetime of distinguished achievements.
- Star Tours – The Adventures Continue at Disneyland and Disney’s Hollywood Studios at Walt Disney World won for best Attraction Refresh.
- The Magic, The Memories, and You! at Walt Disney World’s Magic Kingdom won the award for best Show Spectacular.
- Disney Cruise Line got in on the fun with an award for Ingenious use of Technology at Animation Magic in the Animator’s Palate Restaurant aboard Disney Cruise Line’s Ship – Disney Fantasy. Which is weird, since that ship hasn’t even sailed yet. But I have seen the concept in action and it’s pretty cool.
Congratulations to all the winners.
The full list of award recipients is below the jump: