I’ve already written about what a great value the SeaWorld Halloween Spooktacular is, but now I’ve had a chance to experience the 2013 edition and can tell you my original assessment still stands.
Here are a few tips to enjoy the day:
- The Spooktacular trail is least busy shortly after opening and again just before the area closes for the day.
- You can start at either end of the trail, but most of the treat stations are oriented for easiest access from the front of the park.
- Although SeaWorld provides bags for trick-or-treating, you’ll want to have a larger bag to consolidate all your candy into as you enjoy the rest of your day in the park.
- There is a lot to do besides just trick or treating. Take time to interact with the characters, decorate a cookie, or stay for the dance party at the end of the night
- Dress your kids up in costumes that are appropriate for the weather and bring a camera to capture the memories.
SeaWorld Orlando’s Halloween Spooktacular is included with park admission and runs over the remaining weekends in October.
More photos below the jump and details on a special “jelly belly” event that only runs during the final weekend.
Only one of the big three parks in Orlando offers a Halloween party that’s free with the price of admission. The family friendly Halloween Spooktacular is full of spooky fun. During this daytime event, families will be immersed in an underwater “fantasea” filled with trick-or-treating, dancing with sea fairies and pumpkin fish and sea-themed arts and crafts. My family and I enjoy the party-like atmosphere as much as the bigger pay events at the other parks in town.
SeaWorld’s Halloween Spooktacular takes place weekends in October: 5-6, 12-13, 19-20 and 26-27, from 12 to 8 p.m., leaving the littlest of trick-or-treaters wide-eyed for all of the fun-filled activities. When you’re there, make sure you take advantage of this social media promotion, you could end up with some cool VIP treats.
Spooktacular Highlights below the jump:
SeaWorld Orlando is returning the popular Spooktacular Halloween family friendly weekends this year. It’s free with your SeaWorld admission and includes a trick-or-treat experience, special party zone, decoration activities, and lots more fun.
SeaWorld’s Halloween Spooktacular takes place every weekend in October: 1-2, 8-9, 15-16, 22-23, and 28-30. This daytime event runs from 12 p.m. to 8 p.m., leaving the littlest of trick-or-treaters wide-eyed for the fun-filled activities.