Black-ish is one of ABC’s breakout hits of the season. This past weekend, the four actors who play the Johnson family children, kicked off their summer break together at Walt Disney World. “black-ish” stars Anthony Anderson and Tracee Ellis Ross as the parents of four children played by Yara Shahidi as Zoey Johnson, Marcus Scribner as Andre Johnson, Jr., Miles Brown as Jack Johnson, and Marsai Martin as Diane Johnson.
The show, which has new episodes airing through May, has become the season’s No. 1 new comedy in adults 18-49 and swept the 2015 NAACP Image Awards’ television comedy categories, including Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series for Shahidi. To celebrate the show’s success, Shahidi, Scribner, Brown and Martin took their break time together along with their actual parents to get an early start on Walt Disney World’s Coolest Summer Ever celebration.
Some of their vacation highlights included:
- Receiving a personal welcome from Mickey and Minnie Mouse.
- Riding the playful Seven Dwarfs Mine Train at Magic Kingdom
- Experiencing a fan moment when Martin got to meet her favorite Disney character, Princess Tiana from Disney’s Princess and the Frog
- Previewing the live Frozen Summer Fun experience with princesses Anna and Elsa at Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- Training in Jedi skills and testing them against stormtroopers in honor of Scribner’s Star Wars-obsessed character on the show
- Learning about 400 years of African-American achievement at “Re-Discovering America: Family Treasures from the Kinsey Collection,” an exhibit at Epcot which features rare art, documents, books and artifacts amassed by philanthropists Bernard and Shirley Kinsey.
- Experiencing a star moment when they had their picture taken by Goofy in front of the “black-ish” billboard at Disney’s Hollywood Studios
See a gallery with more of their vacation photos and video below the jump:Read More »The Kids from ABC’s Hit Sit-Com ‘black-ish’ visit Walt Disney World