We may be stuck at home right now, but our hearts are still at Disneyland. We’ve combed YouTube to find five fun and unique on ride videos from some of your favorite attractions that will give you a taste of the magic.
A virtual ride is better than no ride at all. We hope this helps you get through this unprecedented time with a little magic.
1) We start with an oldie, but a goody. The Matterhorn Bobsleds complete with the Skyway going through the middle of the attraction. This video was filmed in 1976. We miss how open the Matterhorn felt back then.
Watch out for that splash down!
2) Last year at this time you could step aboard Space Mountain and enjoy a Star Wars overlay called Hyperspace Mountain. Because it may not be coming back any time soon, please enjoy Hyperspace mountain, one of (if not) the best overlays to Space Mountain in Disneyland!
3) This is a “it’s a small world holiday” from 1999 before they added Disney and Pixar characters into the attraction! We think the addition of multiple songs during this seasonal overlay makes this ride very repeatable.
4) This one is a little different. Thanks to creative video editing, we’re able to take a ride on a classic attraction from Yesterland, “Mine Train Through Nature’s Wonderland ” and visit the Rainbow Caverns. We hope you enjoy this recreated footage of a relaxing mine train ride, before it got taken over by a less relaxing mine train ride.
5) Finally, we visit the original Tiki Tiki Tiki room where the birds sing words and the flowers croon. This video from 2005 was just reuploaded with higher quality. Walt Disney’s Enchanted Tiki Room was the first show ever to use animatronics (and talking birds no less)!
I miss the Offenbach section. You Stay Off’n My Bach and I’ll stay Off’n Yours.
Thanks Walt for being an innovator along with a showman!
Do you have a favorite Disneyland attraction ride-through video? Share it with us in the comments.