Last year for Christmas Disney’s Animal Kingdom kicked up its Christmas themed decorations a notch or two. This year they’re really planning to deck the land with new entertainment, more decorations, and large dose of holiday magic. Here is some of the holiday spirit in store for the park:
- In the heart of the park, on Discovery Island, you will find yourself immersed in a magical scene. By day, stylized, life-sized animal puppets mingle with villagers who make the island their home. As day becomes night, rooftop luminaries in animal shapes and bird lanterns throughout Discovery Island will bring a warm glow to the village.
- Travelers will find out-of-this-world Christmastime fun at Pandora – The World of Avatar. Ex-pats living and working on the moon of Pandora roll out seasonal fun with a display at Pongu Pongu of kitschy holiday décor, pairing vintage pieces from Earth with items handcrafted from materials indigenous to Pandora.
- As the sun sets, the Tree of Life will awaken with a series of wintry tales emerging from within, backed by a familiar and heartwarming holiday musical score. Between awakening moments, the Tree of Life will shimmer and sparkle throughout the night, alive with the magic of nature and the spirit of the holidays.
- Dinoland, U.S.A. will rock out with the DJ-led “Holiday Hoopla Dance Party with Chip ‘n Dale” and plenty of interactive fun and games. Throughout the land, characters gathered for “Donald’s Dino-Bash!” will get in the holiday spirit with colorful costumes.
- Diwali, the Holiday Festival of Lights in India, has inspired the residents of Anandapur in Glowing flowers, lanterns and more will illuminate the main square leading to the waterfront stage, home to authentic and colorful cultural performances.
- The village of Harambe in Africa will welcome visitors with a unique holiday presentation, fusing Western traditions with the colors and texture of authentic African celebrations; colorful costuming and new music flavors each performance.
- Tusker House diners get their merry on as Safari Donald Duck and his pals spread holiday cheer.
- A Christmas tree will tower over the park entrance. Decorated with traditional ornaments and hidden animals, the tree is a prelude to the holiday magic that awaits inside the park.
I’m excited to see Disney do more with Diwali from India, I’m also interested to see what happens in Pandora.
Sadly, the Jingle Jangle Jungle Parade is not coming back. But who knows, maybe we’ll get a holiday themed finale to Rivers of Light. Hey Disney! Surprise us!
It looks like 2019 at Disney’s Animal Kingdom is shaping up to be the biggest holiday season in its two-decade history. Will you be planning a trip?
If you would like more information on booking a holiday Walt Disney World vacation, please send an email to Pixie Vacations authorized Disney travel agent Stacey Frost ([email protected]), call (407) 454-1477 or fill out this form for a custom planning session and a no-obligation quote. Your use of this free service to book your travel will help support The Disney Blog. Thank you.