Walt Disney Animation Studios’s new featurette length animated short “Olaf’s Frozen Adventure” may have stunk up the opening week of Pixar’s “Coco,” as an unwanted companion piece, but when viewed by itself, it does have some cute elements. Many of those elements are summed up in this ‘as told by emoji’ version of the film.
Hee’s Anna, Elsa, Olaf, Kristoff, and Sven as Emoji:
Disney is also celebrating the the digital release of “Olaf’s Frozen Adventure” starring the voice cast of Josh Gad, Idina Menzel, Kristen Bell and Jonathan Groff. The digital copy of Olaf’s Frozen Adventure will also add six classic Disney shorts to your holiday digital collection.
The creators and artists discuss the making of the film in this featurette
See if you spotted all these easter eggs from the special animated film:
Extras: 6 Classic Disney Holidays Shorts:
- THE HOCKEY CHAMP – Donald Duck shows his nephews the moves that won him his hockey trophy, but the boys have a few moves of their own.
- WINTER – Silly Symphony – In this musical short – the last of the ‘Silly Symphony’ series – see wintertime from the point of view of our favorite woodland creatures.
- THE ART OF SKIING – The first cartoon to use the now-famous Goofy holler, this short features Goofy learning how to ski at the Sugar Bowl Ski Resort.
- PLUTO’S CHRISTMAS TREE – While picking out their Christmas tree, Mickey and Pluto chop down the perfect one, unaware that they’re bringing home Chip and Dale along for the ride.
- ONCE UPON A WINTERTIME – While courting Jenny, Joe tries to show off on the ice, but events soon turn to a timely rescue in this musical December Valentine.
- POLAR TRAPPERS – The first cartoon to feature Donald and Goofy without Mickey; The duo are animal trappers in the South Pole with very different (and hilariously unsuccessful) approaches.
Download the movie from itunes or Movies Anywhere.
What is your favorite holiday tradition?