The Conner family is back and we can’t wait for the premiere. The much-anticipated revival of ABC’s Roseanne will explore life, death and everything in between through the relatable, hilarious and brutally honest lens of the Conner household. With the inimitable Roseanne at its epicenter, fresh stories that tackle today’s issues and even more laughs from the show’s brilliant cast. Audiences old and new will celebrate the homecoming of America’s favorite working-class family.
The nine-episode reboot, featuring the original cast – Roseanne Barr (Roseanne), John Goodman (Dan), Sara Gilbert (Darlene), Laurie Metcalf (Jackie), Michael Fishman (D.J.) and Lecy Goranson (Becky) – will air in 2018. Sarah Chalke, who played the character Becky in later seasons, will also appear in another role.
We learned this week, via the teaser trailer below, that Roseanne will return to ABC on March 27
Others returning to the show include:
- Johnny Galecki who will return as Darlene’s boyfriend for one episode (which is all his contract with “Big Bang Theory” will allow)
- Estelle Parsons will play Roseanne and Jackie’s mother Beverly in two episodes.
- Sandra Bernhard returns as Nancy, Roseanne’s friend in one episode.
- James Pickens Jr. whom you might know from Grey’s Anatomy will be back for a single episode as Dan’s poker friend, Chuck.
- Natalie West makes a guest appearance as Roseanne and Jackie’s friend (and Dan’s step-mother) Crystal Anderson.
It’s worthy to note that Dan died in the last season of Roseanne, but he will be back this season. Now sure how they plan to deal with that, or if they’ll just ignore that little plot point.
There will be some new members of the cast as well.
- Ames McNamara plays Mark, the 8-year-old son of David and Darlene.
- Emma Kenney is Harris, David and Darlene’s 14-year-old daughter (she was born in season nine).
- Jayden Rey plays Mary Conner, DJ’s daughter
- Christopher Lloyd will play Beverly’s boyfriend Lou in one episode.
One actor won’t be returning. Glenn Quinn died of a drug overdose in 2002. It’s believe that the new character Mark was named as a tribute to Quinn’s character named Mark who was David’s older brother on the show.
The March 27th premiere episode will run one hour with half-hour shows thereafter on Tuesdays at 8pm. There will be nine episodes total as of now.