If you’re looking to ring in the New Year in the most magical way possible, you can’t go wrong at Walt Disney World. From special dinners to sparkling toasts, from ear shattering fireworks to rocking New Year’s Eve parties, the vacation kingdom has something for everyone.
Update: Can’t make it to the parks? You can watch the Livestream from the Magic Kingdom for free online (visit YouTube to set a reminder):
If you want to join in one of these unforgettable events, remember that hard ticket events will fill up quickly. Here’s the lineup of ways to ring in the New Year:
Magic Kingdom Park
- Fantasy in the Sky Fireworks – Guests will ring in the New Year in front of Cinderella Castle with the cherished fan-favorite fireworks show that will take place Dec. 30 and 31, 2017, beginning at 11:50 p.m. Additional showings will light up the sky both nights at 6:30 p.m.
- Frontierland and Tomorrowland New Year’s Celebration Dance Parties – Put on your dancing shoes and boot-scoot with a hoppin’ beat ‘til midnight in Frontierland. Or jump start the New Year with an upbeat get-together in Tomorrowland, blasting into 2018 with futuristic tunes.
Park hours on Dec. 30 and 31, 2017 are 8 a.m. to 1 a.m.
- New Year’s Countdown Fireworks – Say “au revoir” to 2017 around World Showcase as dazzling fireworks light up the sky to welcome 2018 in a booming big way! This one-night spectacular starts at 11:40 p.m.
- New Year’s Eve Parties – A DJ dance party will have guests dancing and grooving “around the world” with special entertainment at the America Garden Stage, Future World Fountain Stage and other areas throughout the park. Just for New Year’s Eve, you can move to your own beat with music playing in your headphones at the “Silent Groove” dance party that will take place at Future World Center.
- New Year’s Eve Buffet Dinner – Sip and dip your way into 2018 by indulging in a lavish buffet of savory foods and decadent desserts at this ticketed event in World Showplace. For reservations, visit disneyworld.com/holidays or call (407) WDW-DINE (3463).
Park hours on Dec. 31, 2017 are 9 a.m. to 1 a.m.
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- New Year’s Eve Dance Party – Revelers will get the party started with a DJ dance party all around Center Stage in front of the Chinese Theatre with special projections on the theatre. The fun starts at 7 p.m. on Dec. 31. Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM!, the nighttime holiday show will take place at 8 p.m. wrapping fireworks, state-of-the-art projections, special effects and music into one grand spectacle. The elaborate nightly themed firework show, Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular, will bring in the New Year with a special twist at midnight!
Park hours on Dec. 31, 2017 are 9 a.m. to midnight.
Disney’s Contemporary Resort
- Disney Countdown to Midnight – Guests will clink glasses at midnight after an unforgettable evening of live music and dancing in the Fantasia Ballroom. Taste buds will be celebrating, too, with savory bites and wine pairings from the California Grill, Flying Fish, Citrico’s and other signature Walt Disney World restaurants. Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse and friends will also join in the fun! Festivities begin at 8 p.m. on Dec. 31. Guests must be 18 years of age or older to attend. For reservations, visit disneyworld.com/holidays or call (407) WDW-DINE (3463).
- Down in New Orleans: A Disney New Year’s Eve Dining Experience – This dining extravaganza brings New Orleans to Walt Disney World on New Year’s Eve. It’s a night filled with exquisite dishes, champagne toasts, and the ultimate viewing location for Magic Kingdom fireworks. Exclusive for guests 21 years of age or older. For reservations, visit disneyworld.com/holidays or call (407) WDW-DINE (3463).
Sold out events include:
Pixar Party: A New Year’s Eve Celebration (SOLD OUT)
California Grill New Year’s Eve Hollywood Hideaway (SOLD OUT)
Mickey’s New Year’s Eve BBQ (SOLD OUT)
Our tips for a great New Year’s Eve? Identify the rough place you want to be at when Midnight strikes earlier in the day. Then when people start to stake out their spots for the rest of the night, head there immediately and start your campout. You can send some one to get drinks and snacks as long as someone remains behind and the space is well marked out with bags or a blanket. Also note, you can see the Magic Kingdom fireworks a night early.
Keep an eye on the weather the night before and make sure you dress warm enough to stay to midnight. You don’t have to get to the parks at opening, but it is possible that Magic Kingdom will go into a phased closure at some point in the day. Park at the park you plan to be at when midnight bell is rung. You don’t want to have to find transportation back to another park or be forced to have a long walk after midnight.
What are your best New Year’s Eve tips for Walt Disney World?