Disney fans? Are you ready for the return of American Idol in 2018, this time on the ABC Television Network? As you might expect Disney plans to pull out all the stops and wring out any synergy they can. For example, the audition bus tour for the new season will kick off at Walt Disney World with a stop on August 17 at Disney Springs.
Accompanying the bus will be previous Idol winners Jordin Sparks, Kris Allen, and Ruben Studdard who will greet lucky audition participants and make a special appearance. Celebrity judges will not be on site,
If you can’t make it on the 17th, you can still submit an audition tape online or via a special pop-up audition kiosk that will remain at Disney Springs from August 18-September 15.
- Pre-register online to make things go smooth.
- Park in the surface lot on the West Side of Disney Springs.
- Parking opens at 4AM and no one will be allowed to queue before then.
- Auditions start at 8AM and you have to be registered and in line by Noon (or sooner due to capacity).
- Auditions are outside, so be prepared for weather, especially heat (bring water to drink and shade).
- You have to be 15 years old to audition.
- You may bring one guest (age 5 or older) as support.
Note: A second bus tour is kicking off at Portland, OR. So you may not have to travel too far to find an audition near you.
Pre-registration and more details available on American Idol’s website. Good luck, you might be the next American Idol.