You don’t really need a good reason to plan a trip to Disneyland other than the fact that it’s Disneyland, but this summer the resort’s two parks are bringing back old favorites and new fun that will have you booking a trip ASAP. Summer of Heroes, a new, limited-time celebration at Disney California Adventure Park, invites guests to experience epic adventures with some of their favorite Super Heroes, including the new attraction Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: Breakout. At Disneyland Park this summer, guests will enjoy the return of classic attractions including the nighttime spectacular, “Fantasmic!”
Here are 10 new or returning experiences you’ll enjoy at Disneyland this summer.
Disney California Adventure
- Take the (dance) floor with the Guardians of the Galaxy: Star-Lord and Gamora will appear in the epic “Guardians of the Galaxy: Awesome Dance-Off.” Classic songs blasted from Star-Lord’s boom box will inspire some friendly dance competition.
- Help Rocket save his friends on Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission: BREAKOUT!: Before the action begins, guests will have to raise their hands and submit to a “bio scan” if they wish to enter The Collector’s private office. It’s the only way to gain clearance to view the amazing collection of Guardians on display, and the first step to joining Rocket’s escape plan.
- Snap selfies with Super Heroes: Throughout Hollywood Land, guests will come face-to- face with some favorite Super Heroes. Photo opportunities with Avengers such as Captain America, as well as members of Guardians of the Galaxy like Groot, will make social media followers super envious.
- Test your Super Hero skills: During the “Avengers Training Initiative,” young recruits will assemble with Black Widow and Hawkeye. Guests will learn techniques and skills from the pros and may be called upon to face off against the evil HYDRA organization.
- Taste a bite of the action: Even Super Heroes need to eat, and guests will be able to fuel up with tasty limited-time food offerings. Summer of Heroes-themed offerings include The Most Dangerous Tacos in the Galaxy and a Multiverse Parfait.
- Pay homage to the Main Street Electrical Parade at Disneyland: Extended by popular demand through August 20, 2017, this nighttime parade features beloved Disney characters and stories, along with half a million twinkling lights and the popular, synthesized music of “Baroque Hoedown.”
- Unwind on the Disneyland Railroad: Reopening this summer, the Disneyland Railroad debuts a new route through a beautiful, newly-imagined waterfront and over an elevated trestle above Rivers of America. Guests will hop aboard once again and take a grand circle tour around Walt Disney’s Magic Kingdom.
- Explore Pirate’s Lair on Tom Sawyer Island: Guests can let their imaginations soar as they take a log raft across the Rivers of America to this island hideaway, then set out by foot to discover its secret caves and passages.
- Watch the Rivers of America blaze to life with “Fantasmic!:” The nighttime spectacular “Fantasmic!” returns with magical, new effects, music and Disney stories. This popular, breathtaking show stars Mickey Mouse and his extravagant dream.
- Enjoy the return of the classic Space Mountain experience. The roller-coaster has been returned to the classic space coaster theme for its 40th Anniversary. It’s been a favorite of fans since its debut in 1977
Are you planning a trip to Disneyland this summer? Let our in-house expert Disney authorized travel agent help you.
If you would like more information on booking a Disneyland vacation, please send an email to Pixie Vacations authorized Disney travel agent Stacey Frost ([email protected]), call (407) 454-1477 or fill out this form for complimentary travel planning. Your use of this free service to book your travel will help support The Disney Blog. Thank you.