Last weekend we were invited to a special preview evening of Celebration Florida’s fantastic family friendly holiday event – Now Snowing. It’s Central Florida’s original and longest-running “snow” event and, it’s free to attend (including free parking). So it’s very affordable.
November 29th marks the first snowfall of the year with a special tree lighting ceremony and then after that every night will feature great family entertainment, and, of course, snow fall through December 31st.
Here’s what to expect on your visit:
- Snow Falls Every Night at 6, 7, 8 and 9 PM (weather permitting)
- Each year Now Snowing hosts a variety of free Family-friendly concerts on Saturday nights
- On December 4th, guests visiting Now Snowing will witness an unforgettable 5-minute long fireworks display over the lake (8:30 PM).
In addition to the snowfall, guests can go “ice” skating, ride a horse draw cart or take a carriage ride through town, travel on board the Christmas Train, listen to carolers, dine at any of Celebration’s great restaurants, of meet Santa and Mrs. Claus.
- Despite its nickname of “snoap”, Celebration snow is not a soap at all. In fact, it is the same special effects snow you see in movies and is non-toxic, biodegradable and yes, with enough of it, you could even make a snow angel!
- The snow on the ground takes 3 employees and almost 3 hours each night to prepare.
- Each December, Now Snowing uses over 660 gallons of liquid snow to create the special effects snow that comes from the machines above.
Celebration, of course, was the town Mickey built. It’s no longer owned by Disney, but is still very close to the resort and home to many employees and Disney fans.