Aw synergy. It’s that wonderful thing that lets the Disney parks tap into other Disney brands, like The Muppets, to make wonderful cross-promotional marketing music together. Today’s example is actually a pretty successful video featuring the Swedish Chef as he attempts to make a
Mexican Swedish Shrimp Taco recipe from the EPCOT International Food & Wine Festival.
In case your at home cooking skills are slightly better than the Swedish Chef, here is the recipe so you can make Shrimp Tacos at home:
Tacos de Camarones (Shrimp Tacos)
Makes 10 (6-inch) tacos
- 2/3 cups mayonnaise
- 7.5 ounce can chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, puréed
- Vegetable oil for frying
- 1 egg white
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon parsley, dried
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled, deveined, about 30 to 35 shrimp
- 10 (6-inch) flour tortillas
- 3 cups shredded red cabbage
- 3/4 cup favorite salsa verde
For chipotle sauce:
- Mix mayonnaise and puréed chipotle peppers in a medium bowl until smooth. Cover and refrigerate.
For tempura shrimp:
- Heat about 2 inches of vegetable oil to 375˚F in a deep fryer.
- Beat egg white in a small bowl until frothy and light. Do not overbeat. Set aside.
- Mix together flour, cornstarch, salt, parsley, paprika, baking powder, garlic powder, and baking soda in a large bowl. Add water and egg white; mix until smooth.
- Add shrimp and toss until fully covered with batter.
- Drop 6 to 8 at a time in hot oil. Do not overcrowd. Fry 2 to 3 minutes or until golden brown and crispy. Remove fried shrimp and drain on paper towels.
- Spread 1 heaping tablespoon of chipotle mayonnaise on flour tortilla and place 3 shrimp down middle. Top with small handful of cabbage and drizzle with salsa verde.