New Year’s Eve is one of the biggest fireworks evenings of the year at Walt Disney World Resort, which is saying a lot since WDW is a place where fireworks are both spectacular and an every-night occurrence. If Fireworks aren’t your thing, you can find plenty of alternative New Year’s Eve fun elsewhere throughout the Vacation Kingdom.
Here’s a snapshot of what’s in store:
- At Epcot, guests can dance away 2012 to the beat of the DJs stationed at select pavilions throughout the evening and watch “IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth” salute the new year at 7 p.m. and 11:42 p.m. A buffet dining experience inspired by Disney’s classic animated films Fantasia and Fantasia 2000 will take place at World ShowPlace facility, with reservations available from 4:30 p.m. – 10:30 p.m. Priced at $68.67 for adults and $44.37 for children. Park admission is required.
- At Disney’s Hollywood Studios rock in the New Year with resident family of landscapers/rock and roll musicians, Mulch, Sweat, and Shears! “The Mulch, Sweat, and Shears New Years Eve Spectacular” blasts off on a specially built stage in front of Disney’s Hollywood Studios signature Sorcerer Hat icon and includes contemporary rock, funk, and classic rock and roll favorites. The four concert sets will feature pyrotechnics and special effects and lead up to ringing in the New Year with Mulch, Sweat, and Shears playing live accompaniment to a full scale fireworks spectacular in order to welcome the start of 2013 properly!
- At the newly-opened Splitsville Luxury Lanes, located at Downtown Disney, guests can choose from two special NYE Bash packages.The Bowling Package offers 3.5 hours of bowling and shoe rental, one appetizer and one entrée, a bottle of champagne or house wine per lane, two drink tickets per person and non-alcoholic beverages. Priced at $175 per person, plus tax and service charge (minimum of four people per lane). The Table Package offers a table reservation for 3.5 hours and includes one appetizer and one entrée, a bottle of champagne or house wine per lane, two drink tickets per person and non-alcoholic beverages. Priced at $100, per person plus tax and service charge.Both options are available Dec. 31 from 10 p.m. until close. For reservations, please call 407-938-7467.
- At DisneyQuest, located at Downtown Disney, there is a family-friendly cyber celebration from 8 p.m. -1 a.m. Guests are entertained with a DJ Dance Party, character meet and greets, plus unlimited access to games and DisneyQuest attractions including Pirates of the Caribbean, Virtual Jungle Cruise and CyberSpace Mountain. There’s a confetti drop and festive party favors as the clock strikes midnight. Partygoers also get a coupon for a quick service entrée, side and drink. Tickets cost $50 and can be purchased online or by calling 407-934-7639.
- At Cirque du Soleil, located at Downtown Disney, all guests attending the Dec. 31 performances will receive a limited-edition Walt Disney World/Cirque trading pin. Shows are at 6 p.m. and 9 p.m. For pricing contact 407/WDW/SEAT
- At Bongos Cuban Cafe, located at Downtown Disney, guests can take part in a New Year’s celebration that features a four-course dinner, champagne, party favors, live music and a midnight celebration. The party lasts from 8 p.m.-2 a.m. Guests may reserve a table by contacting [email protected]
- At Raglan Road, New Year’s fun begins at 6 p.m. with house band Creel and Irish dancing. In addition to food, the pub will also offer complimentary champagne toasts at 7 p.m. and midnight.
- At House of Blues, the reggae band SOJA will take the stage at 9 p.m. on New Year’s Eve. Tickets cost $37-$40, and the concert is open to guests of all ages. Guests may visit House of Blues website for tickets.
- Babycakes helps ring in New Year’s resolutions with healthy treats from Babycakes NYC. Guests may schedule pick-up orders at least 48-hours in advance for December 30-January 1, 2013, and receive a 20% discount.
- At Planet Hollywood, now through December 31, you can buy two merchandise items and get the third free. (No other Promotions or Discounts, vouchers apply. Discount not good on jackets. Free item is the lesser priced item).
- Registered guests at select Disney resort hotels will be treated to music and entertainment. At Narcoosee’s restaurant (Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa), for instance, there will be a four-course dining experience for $161.85 for adults and $77.19 for children, plus DJ, balloon artist and special fireworks viewing.
- Atlantic Dance Hall at Disney’s Boardwalk Resort offers a special-ticket New Year’s Eve party from 8 p.m.-2 a.m. with a video DJ and limited viewing of Epcot’s Fireworks.