It’s time to go Around The Hub with the latest Disney News and Links:
- Via The Disney Parks blog we learn that the US Mint has partnered with Disney to introduce some new one dollar coins into circulation. The program ends December 13th and coins are only available at select locations in EPCOT and the Magic Kingdom.
- FoxFurr gets her fangirl on and gives the seal of approval to the Magic Kingdom Fantasyland Expansion. There are a few caveats, of course. Always some of the best Disney reading at Passport to Dreams.
- /Film visits Disneyland, Club 33 and the Disney Animation Research Library. They really got the VIP tour and have photos to prove it. Don’t miss inside the Disneyland Dream Suite.
- Via the OC Register we get a photo of Sleeping Beauty Castle with its moat drained. Mind the salt licks.
- Animation World News has an interview with Directors Ron Clements and John Musker about the long-awaited return to 2D animation at Walt Disney Animation Studios: The Princess and the Frog.
- Church of the Customer blog understands that Fees are Penalties always. Airlines that charge fees for things like baggage lost money while those that do everything for one price, made money. Disney understands this too. That’s why Disney’s Magic Express is free (the cost is actually built into the total cost of the vacation). However, the airline fees are still a problem for resort guests who need to add a bag to their ticket and use DME at the same time. You still working on fixing that Disney?
UPdate: here’s a video from Disney Parks covering the CHOC Walk that Disneyland hosted earlier this week.