The AP reports that Disney has started to prepare the construction site for their first themed resort located off theme park property that isn’t entirely a Disney Vacation Club location. That location, of course, is Ko Olina, Hawaii.
MouseExtra found some additional concept art for the resort in the most recently DVC newsletter. It certainly looks lush and beautiful. There are definite hints of the Polynesian Resort at WDW, for obvious reasons, but I also see some echos of Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge. What do you think?
- 21-acre oceanfront site
- Opening scheduled for 2011
- 350 traditional hotel rooms
- 480 timeshare vacation villas
- will feature a themed pool and water play area
- an 18,000 square-foot spa
- a wedding lawn,
- an 8,000 square-foot convention center
- a child care club.