Walt Disney World resort guests are invited to enjoy the red, white, and blue this Independence Day during a special tribute to the stars and stripes at Walt Disney World Resort. The two-day patriotic event will give you two chances to catch the best entertainment and fireworks Disney has to offer on July 3rd and 4th.
- At Magic Kingdom, a 14-minute, 360-degree fireworks spectacular rockets into the air Thursday and Friday night at 9 p.m. with ”Disney’s Celebrate America! A Fourth of July Concert in the Sky.”
- On July 4 at Epcot, Guests can meet some favorite Disney characters dressed in patriotic attire outside The American Adventure and catch a performance of the Spirit of America Fife and Drum Corps (performances at 1, 2:15, 3:30, 4 and 4:45 p.m.). The Voices of Liberty will perform at America Gardens Theatre at 12:30, 1:45, and 3 p.m., and inside The American Adventure Rotunda at 4:15 and 5 p.m.
- The evening will culminate with “IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth,” a dazzling display of pyrotechnics, at 10 p.m., followed by a heart-pounding, grand finale in a salute to America.
- Note: Special expanded show times for Don’t Look Back (Sounds Like Summer concert series at Epcot) on the Fourth of July are 5:15, 6:30, 7:45, and 9 p.m.
- Also on July 4th at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, guests can enjoy a twist on traditional fireworks with the “Rockin’ 4th of July Celebration”. The party begins at the Sorcerer Hat with a DJ at 6 pm. At 7, 8, 9 and 10 p.m., Mulch, Sweat & Shears will take you on a musical road trip through America. Everything leads up to a special rock ‘n roll fireworks presentation at 10:15 p.m.
I’ll put my vote in for experiencing the 4th of July itself at EPCOT. The patriotic finale is amazing. That leaves you July 3rd to sneak into the Magic Kingdom and secure a spot on Main Street (near the hub is best for the 360-degree view) for the more traditional show.