The summer issue of Disney Twenty-Three magazine will feature Angelina Jolie discussing her title role of Maleficent. The magazine of Disney’s official fan club talks with the iconic actress and the creative team behind the film. Plus the issue dives into the creation of Walt Disney’s classic film Sleeping Beauty and explores galaxies far away in the Star Wars Universe and not-so far away in Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy.
“I was afraid of her, and I loved her,” Jolie confesses in the cover story. Accompanying the piece is an in-depth look by animation historian Charles Solomon at the development of Walt Disney’s 1959 creative masterpiece, Sleeping Beauty, with rarely seen concept art and drawings.
The summer issue also includes a behind-the-engine look at Walt Disney World’s newest theme park attraction, the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, featuring striking images and interviews with the team responsible for creating the experience, which is based on the world’s first animated feature.
Also included in the Summer issue of Disney twenty-three:
- Star Wars 101: A fascinating look at the creation of the landmark films—and what’s to come
- Disney Villains: The comprehensive list—from the mild to the wild—of Disney’s best baddies
- A tour of Walt Disney’s Hollywood, with rarely seen photos and stories about his favorite spots
- A behind-the-scenes look at Dusty Crophopper’s latest thrilling adventure in the new Planes: Fire & Rescue.
- Regular columns including A Walk with Walt, PHOTOfiles, D Society, and more
All D23 Members are invited to visit www.D23.com for additional members-only content, including a talk with producer Don Hahn (The Lion King, Beauty and the Beast) about how Disney turned the animated Sleeping Beauty into the vibrant, live-action Maleficent.
Disney twenty-three, which is delivered directly to fans’ doorsteps, is offered exclusively to D23 Gold Members as a benefit of their membership. The publication will begin arriving mid-May.