Brave Trailer – First Full Length Trailer from Pixar

Disney/Pixar just released the first full length trailer for Brave.

Brave opens in US theaters June 22, 2012.

I thought the artistry was beautiful and the story better than I had hoped. I’m sure I’m not the only one who keeps thinking “BraveHeart” when hearing those accents either.

What scene did you like the best? Are you excited for Brave to hit theaters?

This entry was posted in Animation, pixar and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

17 Responses to Brave Trailer – First Full Length Trailer from Pixar

1. Andrew says:

“I’m sure I’m not the only one who keeps thinking “BraveHeart” when hearing those accents either.” No I just think of everyday :P It’s really pretty amazing to see Disney•Pixar do an animated movie of my country. Although it’s quite surreal hearing all those Scottish accents in one trailer.

• Kevin says:

“it’s quite surreal hearing all those Scottish accents in one trailer” – when you say “accents”, do you mean they are different accents that do not really belong to the same region?

• Andrew says:

Yes. Although it’s hard to get famous actors all from the same region, it is a bit strange that you have Highlanders ,ixed in whith what I would call city accents. Definately the lead character sounds really modern, not traditional

• Andrew says:

Sorry to double post – that message was sent premature. *mixed. For Americans it’s a bit like having a New York accent in True Grit. It doesn’t really work. However, Brave is only a film so we cannot really complain.

• John Frost says:

I have an untrained ear when it comes to accents. So it could be that, or just a poorly stated sentence. The impact is the same and I am just as guilty.

2. Jon Grant says:

I think the reason many of us think “Braveheart” when we hear those accents (and see tartans & Pictish face paint) is because it is pretty much the only widely-known depiction we have of Scotland. I cannot wait to see this film, this trailer looks fantastic – particularly the landscape shots.

• ErwinM says:

That, and Merida says the word “freedom”. Unless you haven’t been in touch with Western civilization for the last 25 years, if you hear that word spoken in anything resembling a Scottish accent, you’ll think of Braveheart.

3. Pingback: The Disney Blog

4. Pingback: The Disney Blog

5. Pingback: Amanda Pham

6. Pingback: The Disney Blog

7. Stephen says:

I’m gonna be honest they could remove the story and all the characters and I would still go and see this movie just for the scenery. The detail in this movie look spectacular!

8. Pingback: The Disney Blog

9. Hillary says:

It looks fantastic! I cant wait to see it in theaters .

10. Pingback: DisneyORama

11. Darren Scott says:

looks like mulan in the highlands!?