Out in Los Angeles the ABC station is in danger of losing their broadcast towers to the wildfires out there. Smoke is a persistent smell across the county. So everybody out west please be safe and take care of yourselves, okay.
- Wall-E Tattoo. Very cool, but I do not want.
- Mike Walters, the very first guest author here on The Disney Blog, has posted his review of Miyazaki’s PONYO, as distributed in the US by Disney.
- Foxxfur has turned her critical eye into a director’s eye and released a lovely atmospheric video from around EPCOT and the Boardwalk area. Let’s hope she makes more.
- The Disney Cruise Line has announced their plans to expand Castaway Cay, Disney’s private island, to handle the larger guest load that the new larger ships will bring. One of these days I’ll be able to afford a Disney cruise, hope it’s soon.
- Fans of Fantillusion will want to read DLRP Magic’s interview with Disney composer Bruce Healey. Heck anyone who likes Disney parade and show music would learn something. I keep hoping Disneyland will get Fantillusion one day, but it sounds like MSEP will be coming back instead once World of Color opens at California Adventure.
- I can’t tell you how much I enjoyed reading this story in the GlobeInvestor about how the dreams of Dubai’s desert theme park megaopolis have crumbled into so much sand. I do feel sorry for the people whose dreams have been crushed by the change in tide, but I can’t help but feel it means better things for Orlando.