It’s the most merriest time of the year at the Happiest Place on Earth as holiday fun returns to the Disneyland Resort now through Jan. 7, 2018. From a 60-foot-tall Christmas tree on Main Street, U.S.A., to more than 400,000 lights adding sparkle to “it’s a small world” Holiday, the Disneyland resort offers dozens of returning traditions and new experiences. We’ve collected 12 “must-do” experiences to make your holiday adventure both merry and bright.
Here’s what the 2017 Holiday season at Disneyland gave to me:
- 12 toy soldiers: “A Christmas Fantasy” Parade in Disneyland Park features a daily procession complete with tin soldiers, roller-blading snowflakes, floats and holiday cheer. Mickey, Minnie, Disney Princesses and Santa Claus are just a few of the merry makers who share the joy of the holidays in this merry Disneyland tradition.
- 11 festive food offerings: With an abundance of seasonal flavors, resort guests will want to try these 11 and more: roasted turkey slider with cranberry sauce, macaroni & cheese with cornbread crumbles, gingerbread crispy treats, beef corn tamale a la plancha with spicy rojo sauce, braised pork belly adobo, peppermint marshmallow wands, beef brisket & brown sugar glazed carrots, peppermint bark, snowman cake pops, caramel apples and horchata fudge.
- 10-foot-wide snowflake: Dazzling decorations dress up “it’s a small world” Holiday with spectacular icicles, a snowman, a giant snowflake and dolls depicting children of the world dressed in seasonal costumes. For the first time, guests will enjoy FastPass on this festive, yuletide version of the classic Disneyland attraction.
- 9 special performances at Festival of Holidays: Guests will be immersed in the universal language of music and dance with exciting performances at Festival of Holidays, in Disney California Adventure Park: “Disney ¡Viva Navidad!” street party, the Disney ¡Viva Navidad! bands, Mariachi Divas, Princess Elena’s Musical Grand Arrival, Holiday Toy Drummers, Blue13 Dance Company and the music of Mostly Kosher, The Sound and Phat Cat Swinger.
- 8 Christmas-themed challenges: Mischievous elves invite younger guests to play some interactive games at Santa’s Holiday Visit at Redwood Creek Challenge Trail. Guests will complete puzzles, cross a jingle bridge and more on a journey to visit Santa Claus in Disney California Adventure.
- 7-foot-tall Oogie Boogie: In Disneyland, Christmas and Halloween collide at Haunted Mansion Holiday. This year, Haunted Mansion Holiday marks the 17th season of its traditional gingerbread house with a giant, 7-foot-tall gingerbread Oogie Boogie; he’s caught feasting on an infestation of gingerbread bugs.
- 6 laser projectors: Half a dozen laser projectors combine with nearly 20 high-definition projectors in “World of Color – Season of Light” to illuminate Paradise Bay at Disney California Adventure. This sparkling winter fantasy blends classic holiday songs with memorable moments from treasured Disney and Disney•Pixar animated films.
- 5 diverse cultural celebrations: Festival of Holidays brings Christmas/Navidad, Hanukkah, Kwanza, Diwali and Three Kings Day to Disney California Adventure with 12 marketplace kiosks in the Festive Foods Marketplace. Guests will get into the holiday spirit and discover delicious foods inspired by different cuisines and traditions.
- 4 Dapper Dans: This iconic Disneyland quartet sings a scintillating selection of a capella holiday tunes as they play the chimes, tap dance and regale audiences with vaudeville humor on Main Street, U.S.A.
- 3 feathered friends: Donald Duck, Panchito from Mexico and José Carioca from Brazil host the “Disney ¡Viva Navidad!” street party at Disney California. Guests who want to get up and dance to the infectious sound of Mariachi and Samba musicians will come alongside 12-foot-tall mojiganga puppets and authentic folklórico dancers.
- 2 new Cars Land experiences: The magic is put into overdrive as two attractions transform for the first time this holiday season, adding to the car-themed décor throughout Cars Land. Luigi’s Rollickin’ Roadsters becomes Luigi’s Joy to the Whirl and Mater’s Junkyard Jamboree becomes Mater’s Jingle Jamboree.
- 1 more spectacular sight: Sleeping Beauty’s Winter Castle is illuminated each night with 50,000 twinkling LED lights and the “Believe…in Holiday Magic” fireworks spectacular. It all culminates with the grandest of grand finales as “snow” falls lightly over the three viewing locations: in front of “it’s a small world” Holiday, portions of Main Street, U.S.A., and near the Rivers of America.
Will you be making a stop at the Happiest Place on Earth this Christmas season? What is your holiday must-do?
If you would like more information on booking your Disneyland vacation, please send an email to Pixie Vacations authorized Disney travel agent Stacey Frost (StaceyF@PixieVacations.com), call (407) 454-1477 or fill out this form for complimentary travel planning to any Disneyland or good neighbor resort hotel. Your use of this free service to book your travel will help support The Disney Blog. Thank you.