Big news on the Disney Springs dining front today. We’re learning that the new D-Luxe Burger, a Disney owned and operated restaurant, will be opening as soon as May of 2016. Since it’s located in the Town Center section of the expansion, there’s a good chance other nearby locations will also open in May, potentially even the second (and much needed) parking garage.
D-Luxe Burger will serve gourmet burgers and twisted milkshakes. The interior design will be western-themed and it will feature covered outdoor seating with a view of the very beautiful springs.
Burger fans are sure to enjoy the freshly baked buns, unique topping choices, and a special blend of beef. Here is our first look at the burger menu:
- Classic Cheeseburger – Beef patty topped with cheddar, lettuce, tomato and pickle
- Barbeque Classic Burger – Beef patty topped with a fried onion ring, smoked Gouda, bacon, barbeque sauce and lettuce
- El Diablo Burger – Chorizo-and-signature-blend patty, fried banana peppers, pepper jack cheese, lettuce, tomato and chipotle mayonnaise
- Southern Classic Burger – Beef patty, topped with fried-green tomato, pimento cheese, lettuce and bacon
- Cluck Burger – Ground chicken patty, garlic herb sauce, avocado, lettuce and tomato
- Veggie Burger – house-made patty topped with Tzatziki, green bean salad, lettuce and tomato
Sides include freshly cut french fries with a choice of dipping sauces. Dessert will include gelato shakes with an artisnal spin (think Salted Caramel, S’mores, and Cake along with the traditional Vanilla, Chocolate, and Strawberry). Keeping with the theme soda floats with a host of flavors will be offered including Root beer, Cherry coke, and Orange Soda floats, plus new-fangled hard sodas, draft beer, and cider. More adult beverages include spiked shakes with smoked Bourbon and Godiva Raspberry.
I’m predicting the real winner dessert will be the Red Velvet Burger Macaron. Each is hand-crafted to look like a burger, including a raspberry ketchup.
I had been hoping for a Shake Shack to open at Disney Springs. Who knows? That may still happen. It looks like D-Luxe Burger will hit all the big points though. Quality ingredients served with some great sides. I can’t wait to sink my teeth into my first D-Luxe Burger. How about you?