It’s getting hot in central Florida. But it’s not the heat that gets you. It’s the humidity. What better way to beat the heat than to cool off with a tasty ice cream treat. So without further ado, here’s my take on the top 5 places to enjoy ice cream at Walt Disney World.
5. Seashore Sweets – Not many people know about this location at the Boardwalk Resort, but the prices are very reasonable and the hand scooped ice cream is delicious. They also make a mean shake.
4. Beaches and Cream – It doesn’t matter if you find a few friends to go with, or challenge yourself to finish it all, but every Disney fan needs to encounter the Kitchen Sink at some point in their life. What, you may ask, is the Kitchen Sink? It’s eight scoops of ice cream served with all the toppings in the house and a whole can of whipped cream served, of course, in a kitchen sink. The other ice cream dishes, like the No Way Jose sundae, are pretty good too.
3. On Main Street U.S.A. – Nothing beats sharing an ice cream sundae while waiting for the Main Street Electrical Parade. The ‘Plaza’ Sundae from the Plaza Ice Cream Parlor with Mint Chocolate Chip instead of Vanilla is my favorite. Of course, nobody says you have to share.
2. Ghirardelli’s in Downtown Disney – As you might expect from the Ghirardelli Ice Cream and Chocolate Shop, the hot fudge sundae here is a masterpiece of fun. But the real treat here is the Warm Brownie Sundae. Try the death by chocolate version and ask for chocolate ice cream instead of vanilla.
1. Anywhere! – Grab a Mickey Bar from the nearest ice cream cart and enjoy a unique bit of Mickey Mouse shaped fun nearly anywhere in the Walt Disney World resort. Grab a few extra napkins too, things could get messy on a really hot day.