Walt Disney World Announces Relief Efforts for Central Florida Families and Cast Members Impacted by Hurricane Charley.
The following relief is being offered to the community:
* DisneyHand, worldwide outreach for The Walt Disney Company, has announced a contribution totaling $100,000 to the American Red Cross and the Heart of Florida United Way.
* Walt Disney World will conduct a food drive with employees to benefit the Second Harvest Food Bank, which provides food supplies to agencies throughout Central Florida.
* Walt Disney World will provide work crews to assist with the recovery effort.
Also it’s nice to see that the parks many many cast members who were impacted by the storm are not forgotten. Walt Disney World also is offering the following relief assistance to Cast Members
* Up to $5,000 for Cast Members who have sustained catastrophic damage to their primary residence or severe personal injury through the Walt Disney Company’s Disney Operation Care (DOC) program.
* Up to $1,000 to assist needy Cast Members with recovery from the storm through the Walt Disney World Cast Member Hurricane Relief Fund. The Walt Disney World Resort has initially contributed $50,000 to the Fund. Cast Members worldwide also may contribute to the Fund, which is held at the Vista Federal Credit Union.
* Complimentary rooms at resort hotels for Cast Members who have experienced catastrophic hardships or have unique medical needs.
* Resort hotel rooms at a 50 percent discount for Cast Members who have experienced discomfort due to the storm, such as loss of electricity.
* Increased childcare capacity for school-age children at on-property childcare locations.
Kudos to Disney for all they’ve announced they’re doing. And I know Disney Cast Members, some of the best employees in the world, are out there doing even more for their communities even if they’ve been hit themselves.