Disney Springs has a lot to offer a foodie visiting Walt Disney World, whether you prefer sweet or savory, and we have a bunch of news to share.
September 2022 brings foodie news of new flavors and special events, just to name a few of the yummy bites we have for you.
Are you hungry? Let’s go…
The Edison hosts monthly mixology events at Disney Springs and this month’s Mixology Series will offer cocktails and accompanying bites inspired by Absolut Vodka.
Tickets are $65 per person (tax/gratuity additional), per evening, and atendees must be 21 or older.
The events will take place on September 8, 15, and 22, from 6pm to 8pm at The Edison’s Lake Side Patio.
Visit The Edison’s event page for more information, or to book.
Enzo’s Hideaway Tunnel Bar
Enzo’s hosts a monthly Smuggler Series, where lovers of fine beer, wine and cocktails gather together to eat, drink and expand their knowledge of various spirits.
This month, the series will take place on September 7, and guests will indulge in expertly paired dishes and cocktails, featuring Malfy Gin.
Tickets are $89 (+ tax/gratuity) per person and are extremely limited. Ages 21 and older only.
For menu details, or to purchase tickets, visit the Smuggler Series ticket page.
Gideon’s Bakehouse is a must-stop for a foodie visiting Disney Springs, and there are several limited items to enjoy this month.
The cookie of the month is the Peanut Butter Cold Brew Cookie. It is a Peanut Butter Cookie laced with freshly ground espresso and fully covered in chopped Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups and Reese’s Pieces. Available daily with a 2 per person limit.
The coffee of the month is the French Toast Nitro Cold Brew. Enjoy your breakfast and coffee all in one with notes of vanilla and maple. Available daily.
Salt & Straw
August’s limited ice cream flavors at Salt & Straw are part of the “The Harvest Festival Series,” an ode to the flavors of fall harvests.
The flavors are:
- Beecher’s Flagship Cheese w/ Apple Pie Cinnamon Rolls: Cinnamon rolls get the Fall treatment with crisp and bright apple pie filling. This spiced pastry is then crumbled throughout a sweet and creamy Beecher’s Flagship Cheese ice cream with ooey gooey cinnamon swirl.
- Caramel Apple Sherbet: Vanilla-infused caramel ribbons are doused throughout a crisp, simple apple juice sherbet.
- Pinot Poached Pear Sherbet: Freshly picked pears are steeped in cinnamon and star anise-infused 2019 Willamette Valley Pinot Noir. The pears are then churned into a spiced sherbet and folded with classic Double Fold Vanilla ice cream for this 50/50 Fall flavor.
- Plum & Chocolate Hazelnut Shortbread: A balancing act between subtle, sweet coconut cream and bold, tart plums. Chocolate speckled hazelnut shortbread crumbles, and a gobs of plum marmalade are swirled throughout for a motley of sweet, tangy, bold wonder. This one is vegan, too.
- Spiced Goat Cheese Pumpkin Pie: S&S’s take on pumpkin spice goes a little like this: creamy goat cheese ice cream spiked with housemade pumpkin spice envelopes swirls of decadent pumpkin pie filling.
I’ll take one of everything, please!
The bakery is offering several limited cupcake flavors throughout September:
- Through September 11: German Chocolate (light chocolate cake topped with fresh coconut and crunchy pecans laced with gooey caramel)
- September 12 – 25: La Gloria (caramel cake studded with pecans, a dulce de leche core, salted caramel frosting and topped with a dusting of cinnamon sugar)
- September 19 – November 27: Pumpkin ( spiced pumpkin cake laced with fragrant ginger, clove, nutmeg, and cinnamon meets a layer of rich cinnamon cream cheese frosting)
- September 26 – October 2: Salted Chocolate Caramel (caramel cake filled with ganache, topped with dark chocolate frosting, and finished with dulce de leche drizzle and fleur de sel)
- September 26 – October 10: Pumpkin Spice Latte (spiced pumpkin cake is filled with marshmallow cream and topped with Cuban coffee frosting)
For a limited time, T-Rex Cafe has four new dishes to enjoy:
- Triassic Trio – Dino-mite shrimp and scallops, chimichurri grilled shrimp, char-grilled sirloin steak, steak butter, Raptor Rice, seasonal vegetables
- Mediterranean Chicken and Shrimp Pasta – Sautéed Chicken and Shrimp tossed with lemon basil pesto, spinach, burrata cheese, heirloom cherry tomatoes, bucatini pasta
- Maple Bourbon Pork Chop – Double thick bone-in grilled pork chop, maple bourbon BBQ sauce, grilled corn, apple-cranberry Brussel slaw
- Crispy Lemon Chicken – Panko-Parmesan crusted chicken, arugula heirloom tomato salad, Jasmine rice, seasonal vegetables