For those who enjoy heel tapping music with their amazing Irish beer and food, you won’t find a better combination than the 6th Great Irish Hooley at Raglan Road Irish Pub & Restaurant in Disney Springs. The festival features the most diverse and talented lineup in the history of the event. ‘Hooley’ is an Irish word for a wild party attended by friends and family that runs right through the night until the morning.
Celebrating Irish song, dance, food and drink over the long Labor Day weekend, the Great Irish Hooley kicks off performances beginning at 3 p.m. Friday, Sept. 1, and continues each day and night through late Monday and into the wee hours.
Served with Orlando’s finest contemporary Irish cuisine, local and national craft beers, hand-crafted cocktails and day-into-night entertainment, the Great Irish Hooley promises a high-voltage music festival for families and revelers alike. A traditional Irish social celebration, the “Hooley” combines music ranging from traditional to rock tunes with entertainment and fun for the whole family (no cover charge). The Hooley also will offer Celtic face-painting.
This year’s Hooley entertainment headliners include:
- Lisa Canny Band – The outrageously talented Lisa Canny and her band combine traditional Irish, R&B and Hip Hop. She will appear at Raglan Road for three weeks beginning August 30 and will perform nightly during the Hooley.
- Elevation — Back by popular demand and appearing at Raglan Road for the first time in four years, this stellar U2 tribute act will play two special nighttime shows on Sept. 2 and 3 paying homage to the U2 world tour celebrating 30 years of the ground-breaking Joshua Tree album.
- Gary O’Meara Band – O’Meara is a traditional Irish banjo player with a prolific career as a solo artist and as a member of multiple legendary Irish music acts.
The Raglan Road Irish Dancers, plucked from the casts and stages of the world’s greatest Irish dance shows, will perform throughout the Great Irish Hooley. And champion Irish dancer Ciaran Keating, Raglan Road’s show choreographer, will host an entertaining event that traces the origins of Irish dance from earliest jigs and reels through contemporary times.
Additional music acts will include:
- The Raglan Roots Coalition – Raglan felt it was time to shake its boogie – Roots style, with this authentic Irish house band. Think soul-rocking Celtic bluegrass with some hip-swingin’, knee-shakin’ funky roots beats.
- Jake Richardson — Jake is a singer-songwriter-musician from Dublin whose passion for music inspires audiences as he entertains with unique vocals and catchy songs.
- Over the Bar – This vibrant four-piece, predominantly Irish traditional group showcases their high-energy talent during live shows that also include folk, blues and soul.
- Rollickin’ Rua – This fresh traditional Irish music ensemble from Ireland and Scotland create a cacophonous crescendo of music and song with their clash of Celtic cultures.
- Aaron O’Sullivan – A singer-songwriter and guitarist from County Cork, O’Sullivan entertains with a mixture of traditional Irish ballads and modern Irish songs
Throughout the Hooley, guests can step up to one of Raglan Road’s 130-year-old imported-from-Ireland bars or grab a table for authentic contemporary Irish fare. A 2017- and seven-time TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence Award winner and Hall of Fame honoree, and the 2014 “Best Restaurant” Orlando magazine readers’ poll award winner, Raglan Road is known for its beer-battered fish and chips, Shepherd’s pie with a contemporary twist, delectable seafood and desserts, plus gluten-free entrees.
The complete entertainment schedule is posted at www.raglanroad.com and www.greatirishhooley.com.