The “Road to the Races” Cars 3 event will be making a pit stop at Disneyland’s Downtown Disney District this Monday and Tuesday, June 12 and 13, from 10am to 5pm. The movie will open on June 16th at theaters everywhere. The event has been traveling across the country since it took the green flat at Disney Springs in Walt Disney World in March. See our coverage of that event here.
The road show is focused on family friendly events with fun activities and the chance for a photo with life-sized replicas of Lightning McQueen, Cruz Ramirez, and Jackson Storm. Of course, you can visit Lightning McQueen and his friends in Cars Land at Disney California Adventure when you’re done.
Here’s what to expect at the “Road to the Races” tour:
- A giant color mural sponsored by Alamo Rent A Car
- An interactive racer pit crew tire-changing activity and photo opportunity with Coppertone
- A Piston Cup prize wheel with prizes and digital postcard sponsored by Crest + Oral-B
- Sample high-octane smoothies at the Dole Refueling Station
- An interactive play area with Mattel
- An opportunity to learn about the history and science behind NASCAR
I’ll be honest, it was mostly a great opportunity for a photo op. Kids seemed to be having fun at the various activities, but it’s a 30-minute visit at most. I’m not sure I’d take off work to visit it, but if you’re on summer break, definitely stop by and check it out.
The two has three more stops in California after DCA. It will be at the Autry Museum at Griffith Park on June 14-18, the Westfield Oakridge Mall in San Jose on June 22-23, and the Sonoma Raceway for those who have tickets to the NASCAR races that weekend.