Thanks to the lucky folks at USA Today Travel, who got to tour the Disney Wonder while it was in dry dock for its latest round of updates, we have a new behind-the-scenes look what’s coming to the second ship to join the Disney Cruise Line fleet. The ship checked into dry dock on September 9th and was re-floated yesterday. As you can see in this video, there was a lot of work done in that small amount of time:
With the refurbishment complete, the Wonder is currently docked in Lisbon, Portugal while it goes through its shakedown period. This will include some finishing touches, cleaning the staterooms, and allowing ship operations and entertainment to put their shows and events through their paces.
When the first guests board on Nov 10, some of the changes they’ll see include:
- “Frozen, A Musical Spectacular” – The story will be presented like never before, with an innovative combination of traditional theatrical techniques, modern technology and classic Disney whimsy, completely unique to the Disney Wonder production.
- Oceaneers Club adding:
- Marvel Superhero Academy
- Frozen Adventures
- Club Disney Junior
- Andy’s Room from Pixar’s Toy Story
- Tiana’s Place Restaurant – exclusive to the Disney Wonder this new space will be filled with southern charm, spirited jazz, and great cuisine.
- Adult district upgrade, A new lounge, British Pub and dance floor among other changes.
- The Animator’s Palate will be updated to include new “Drawn to Magic” show.
There are a host of other minor, and some major, changes you’ll find when the Disney Wonder returns to cruising the Western Caribbean out of Galveston, TX in November. It’s not too late too book a cruise.
If you would like more information on booking at cruise aboard any Disney Cruise Line ship, please send an email to Pixie Vacations authorized Disney travel agent Stacey Frost (StaceyF@PixieVacations.com), call (407) 454-1477 or fill out this form for complimentary travel planning. Your use of this free service to book your travel will help support The Disney Blog. Thank you.