Disney Cruise Line lets the guest experience the magic of a Disney themed experience at sea. Now that Disney has had some great success with its Marvel characters, Disney Cruise Line has been building those stories into its one-of-a-kind experiences. These include Marvel themed play areas in the Oceaneers Club and now a Marvel Day aboard the Disney Magic. Expect these to be similar to the popular Star Wars days at sea on the Disney Fantasy scheduled for 2017.
Starting in fall of 2017, Disney Cruise Line guests aboard the Disney Magic will unite and celebrate the epic adventures of legendary Super Heroes and Super Villains from the Marvel Universe during a brand-new, day-long celebration: Marvel Day at Sea. Seven special voyages will depart from New York City.
Marvel Day at Sea combines the thrills of renowned Marvel comics, films and animated series, the excitement of a Disney Cruise to summon everyone’s inner Super Hero for the adventures that lie ahead during this unforgettable day at sea.
Occurring on one action-packed day during each of the seven Disney Magic sailings, guests are transported to a new realm of possibilities when the Marvel Universe assembles on the ship. The event features all-day entertainment including exclusive interactions with some of the mightiest Marvel Super Heroes and the menacing foes that oppose them, an extraordinary deck party, Marvel-themed youth activities, special merchandise and unique food and beverage offerings.
Also featured are exclusive at-sea screenings of fan-favorite films from the Marvel Cinematic Universe including the newest theatrical releases, as well as viewings of the Disney XD shows: Marvel’s Avengers Assemble, Marvel’s Ultimate Spider-Man and Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy.
Marvel Day at Sea hosts an awesome mix of immersive entertainment that is sure to empower guests to unlock their hidden superhuman abilities as they assemble their own Super Hero community onboard the Disney Magic on this very special day. Highlights include:
- Captain America, Thor and other Marvel Universe Super Heroes are onboard for scheduled meet-and-greets and photos.
- A brand-new spectacular party fills the upper deck with music, dancing and games.
- The deck party culminates in a stunning display of themed pyrotechnics, lighting, sound effects and the largest collection of Marvel Super Heroes and Super Villains ever assembled on a cruise ship.
- Kids and families summon their Marvel knowledge and enjoy friendly competition during trivia games, covering courageous heroes and fun facts from the Marvel Universe.
- For young heroes-in-training, Marvel-themed games, activities and arts and crafts will be offered throughout the day in the Marvel’s Avengers Academy in the Oceaneer Club.
Marvel Day at Sea will be on seven- and eight-night Disney Magic Bahamian cruises departing from New York on Oct. 6, 14, 28; Nov. 4, 11 and 18, 2017. All will include a stop at Disney’s private island Castaway Cay and Port Canaveral, Fla., with a day at the Walt Disney World Resort. Marvel Day at Sea will be on one seven-night Canadian Coast cruise departing from New York on Oct. 21, 2017, with stops at Charlottetown, Sydney and Halifax.
To book your cruise reach out to our Disney Cruise line expert Disney travel agent:
If you would like more information on booking at cruise aboard any Disney Cruise Line ship, please send an email to Pixie Vacations authorized Disney travel agent Stacey Frost (StaceyF@PixieVacations.com), call (407) 454-1477 or fill out this form for complimentary travel planning. Your use of this free service to book your travel will help support The Disney Blog. Thank you.