Based on the true story the heroism and daring high seas rescue by a small crew of Coast Guard sailors and the wit and luck that allowed a sinking freighter to survive one of the New England region’s worst ever storms, Disney’s The Finest Hours sets a new high mark for realism in films assisted by new special effects that seamlessly blends the real with the computer generated effects better than ever before. The Finest Hours storms home on Blu-ray Combo Pack, Digital HD, Disney Movies Anywhere, and On-Demand on May 24th, 2016.
The movie stars Chris Pine (“Into The Woods,” the “Star Trek” films), Academy Award, Golden Globe nominee Casey Affleck (“Interstellar”), and Eric Bana (“Lone Survivor”) each of whom contribute nuanced character performances in the midst of gigantic odds and the overwhelming power of nature. The Finest Hours makes its in-home debut packaged with a ship load of bonus features about the making of the movie and the remarkable true-life events that inspired it.
Based on the acclaimed non-fiction book of the same name by Casey Sherman and Michael J. Tougias, viewers can enjoy diving into the thrilling eye of the storm with: An all-new documentary “Against All Odds: The Bernie Webber Story,” in which real-life residents of Chatham recall the events that set the stage for the film’s historic rescue mission; Four making-of featurettes highlighting cast members experiences and reflections by members of the U.S. Coast Guard; as well as two never-before-shared Deleted Scenes.
Directed by Craig Gillespie (“Million Dollar Arm”) and produced by Jim Whitaker (“Cinderella Man”) and Dorothy Aufiero (“The Fighter”), the screenplay is by Oscar nominee Scott Silver (“8 Mile”) and Oscar nominees Paul Tamasy & Eric Johnson (“The Fighter”).
- Against All Odds: The Bernie Webber Story – Visit the quaint and close-knit town of Chatham, and experience the events surrounding the most heroic Coast Guard rescue ever through the eyes of the people who witnessed them.
- Brotherhood – Cast members reflect on the bonds they forged during the shoot.
- Two Crews – Chris Pine and Casey Affleck share insights into Bernie Webber and Ray Sybert, men who led their respective crews against all odds.
- What is your finest hour? – A Coast Guard member recounts an incredible rescue.
- The finest inspiration: The US Coast Guard – Meet the people who put their lives on the line for others.
- Plus Deleted Scenes: A Desperate Idea and The Story of How They Met.
Your pre-order of Disney’s The Finest Hours via Amazon will help support The Disney Blog. Thank you.
*Bonus Features may vary by retailer