Disneyland just opened phase one of its Star Wars Season of the Force additions. The Jedi Training will open on Decmeber 8th. But we did get a look at the cool new Star Wars Launch Bay. Disney also shared more photos and details of what you’ll find inside the Tomorrowland Expo Center on the ground floor.
- First Order stormtroopers patrolling the area outside Launch Bay are on a mission to find members of the Resistance. Inside, guests may encounter iconic characters Darth Vader, Chewbacca or even Boba Fett.
- Inspired by the iconic opening crawl in every Star Wars film, a welcoming text scroll on the carpet will greet guests as they enter the experience.
- The Cantina is a unique experience inspired by the “hive of scum and villainy” guests will recognize from the Star Wars films. From bounty hunters and smugglers to aliens, guests never know who they may meet here.
- The Cantina becomes the gathering place to take memorable photos with a holochess or sabacc table. (Sabacc is a popular card game played throughout the galaxy, often with high stakes. Holochess is a chess-like game that utilizes holographic representations of the playing pieces.)
- Guests may join the Resistance or come to the dark side, choosing a path that takes them into one of two character greeting experiences.
- When it’s time to meet the character, portal doors open to welcome guests into a fully immersive 360-degree space, inspired by a Rebel base or Star Destroyer.
- Throughout the space, guests will find Aurebesh writings in the environment. Aurebesh is a writing system used to transcribe Basic, the most used language in the Star Wars galaxy.
- Guests may play current and upcoming Star Wars video games at the Game Center, including new and exclusive Disney Infinity 3.0 content created exclusively for this experience.
- Exploring the Light Side Gallery, guests will find replicas of iconic helmets and lightsabers once wielded by Jedi heroes, including Luke Skywalker. And in the Dark Side Gallery, they’ll discover replicas of helmets and lightsabers used by the Sith, mortal enemies of the Jedi.
- Large-scale replicas of film props, costumes, ship models, droids, artwork and other notable items are on display for Star Wars fans to enjoy.
Season of the Force in Tomorrowland entertains fans of the famous film saga and guests looking forward to the future Star Wars-themed land. Among the elements entering this galaxy are Star Wars Launch Bay, an interactive space in the newly named Tomorrowland Expo Center; Star Wars: Path of the Jedi, a cinematic overview of the Star Wars saga; a new adventure in Star Tours – The Adventures Continue, and the re-imagined attraction, Hyperspace Mountain. Opening Dec. 8, Jedi Training: Trials of the Temple enhances this popular show with new characters and a new villain.
Previously: Ride-through video of Hyperspace Mountain