It was a rainy day at the Magic Kingdom yesterday, but we stuck it out and had a lot of fun in the late summer crowds. The plaza/hub refurbishment is continuing, but most of the focus now is on Cinderella Castle and nearby garden areas.
Here’s a video update with a look at the latest changes around the hub.
Among the changes:
- They walled off the Cinderella Castle stage and are doing some serious work replacing parts of the stage.
- Two of the four new towers that are being added to the hub have been revealed. They’ll house things like lights and speakers.
- The former rose garden area is now a forest. Sad to see that gone forever.
- The former water fountains and shelters are returning, just a little further away from the castle courtyard.
- We also caught some work on the facade of Castle Couture store in Fantasyland.
Are you looking forward to seeing the Plaza and Cinderella Castle stage when the refurbishment is complete?