Disney•Pixar’s upcoming movie “The Good Dinosaur” has released a new list of actors providing voices for the 2nd of two Pixar movies this year. Now providing the voice of Arlo, an Apatosaurus, is Raymond Ochoa (TNT’s “Rizzoli & Isles” and “Disney’s A Christmas Carol”) with Jack Bright (“Monsters University”) stepping in to voice Arlo’s unlikely human friend, Spot.
“We were lucky to work with a number of incredible pros along the way and our story ultimately led us to this amazing and talented group,” said the first-time-feature-film director Peter Sohn. “We’re all taking this journey with Arlo, and it’s been a privilege to see these performers bring our characters to life.”
Other actors announced include:
- Jeffrey Wright (“The Hunger Games: Mockingjay” – parts I & II, HBO’s “Boardwalk Empire”) was tapped as the voice of Poppa, Arlo’s father.
- Steve Zahn (“Rescue Dawn,” “Mad Dogs”) provides the voice of a pterodactyl named Thunderclap.
- AJ Buckley (TNT’s “Murder in the First,” FX’s “Justified”) voices a T-Rex called Nash.
- Anna Paquin (HBO’s “True Blood”) is the voice of T-Rex Ramsey.
- Sam Elliott (FX’s “Justified,” “I’ll See You In My Dreams”) was called on as the voice of a tough T-Rex named Butch.
- Frances McDormand (HBO’s “Olive Kitteridge,” “Fargo”) was tapped as the voice of Momma, Arlo’s mother.
- Marcus Scribner (ABC’s “black•ish”) voices Arlo’s brother Buck.
Originally cast, but no longer in the movie were Lucas Neff as Arlo, John Lithgow as Poppa, and Bill Hader, Judy Greer and Neil Patrick Harris as Arlo’s siblings. Disney previously announced the movie was pushed back five weeks and current director Pete Sohn replaced the departed Bob Peterson.
The animation brain trust at Disney has been known to make big changes in the past, usually with good results. I’m keeping my fingers crossed with this one.
“The Good Dinosaur” asks the question: What if the asteroid that forever changed life on Earth missed the planet completely and giant dinosaurs never became extinct? Pixar Animation Studios takes you on an epic journey into the world of dinosaurs where an Apatosaurus named Arlo makes an unlikely human friend. While traveling through a harsh and mysterious landscape, Arlo learns the power of confronting his fears and discovers what he is truly capable of.
Directed by Sohn and produced by Denise Ream (“Cars 2”), Disney•Pixar’s “The Good Dinosaur” opens in theaters on Nov. 25, 2015.