Disney has created a delicious new food menu for the new to the event “Rebel Hangar: A Star Wars Lounge Experience” coming to Star Wars Weekends at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. Prices will range between $5.99 and $16.99 and it’s not on the Disney Dining Plan and Tables in Wonderland discounts do not apply.
Reportedly, plans are to take over the Backlot Express and make it an immersive environment home to rebel pilots.
If this menu is any example of how immersive the new lounge will be, it’s going to be fantastic:
- Slider Sampler – featuring “The Sith” barbecue-braised brisket with cole slaw and “The Jedi” with barbecued pulled chicken with arugula
- The Dark Fried – Chicken and Darth Vader waffles served with maple syrup and sweet barbecue sauce
- Trio of Star Wars Mini Cupcakes
- Illum Fruit and Cheese ‘Sabers’ – featuring Tillamook cheddar, Brie, goat cheese, pickled vegetables, crostini, cheddar crackers, blueberries, raspberries, honeydew melon, strawberry, olives and gherkins
- Ensalada Naboo – seared chicken breast, bibb lettuce, grape tomatoes, watermelon radish, almond frica, and a parmesan-peppercorn ranch dressing
- Lightsaber Bites – hand-dipped corn-battered knockwurst sausages with house-made chips and mustard dipping sauce
- Pilot’s Pomme Frites – these are tossed with parmesan cheese, garlic and parsley with a garlic aioli for dipping
- Trio of Thermal Detonators – spicy pork wings topped with spicy piquillo-pepper sauce and slaw
- Chips & Sith – a really cute idea with hummus with red pepper coulis, black sesame dust, and corn tortilla chips
- Mini Yoda Key Lime Cake
Which of these makes your mouth water? I can think of at least a few. If you get thirsty you may also find something to enjoy on the new drink menu:
- Imperial Blue – Maker’s Mark Whisky, Cointreau, Blue Curacao, sweet and sour, topped with Sprite
- Tatooine Sunset – Stoli vanilla, Parrot Bay Coconut Rum, pineapple juice with grenadine
- Rebel Red – Grey Goose vodka, Chambord, sour mix and a splash of grenadine
- Dagobah Swamp Juice – Midori, Tito’s Handmade Vodka, sweet and sour, topped with lemon-lime foam
- The Dark Side – Stoli vanilla vodka, Bailey’s liqueur, crème de cocoa and brownie garnish
- Alderaan Ale
The Jabba the Hutt and Yoda cupcakes will also be available at Tusken Fridge Raiders, Trolley Car Café, Starring Rolls Cafe, and Backlot Express. The Darth Vader cupcake will be available at all quick-service locations, including Starring Rolls Cafe, and Trolley Car Cafe and Tusken Fridge Raiders at Darth’s Mall.
It sounds like reservations through 407-WDW-DINE are recommended.