If you’re a fan of great food, satisfying drinks, and friendly company, then you can’t do much better than hanging out at Raglan Road any time of year. But there’s something about St. Patrick’s Day that brings out the best in an Irish Pub. This year award-winning Irish and American bands and quick-stepping Irish dancers will showcase their Irish roots during the Mighty St. Patrick’s Festival at Raglan Road Irish Pub & Restaurant in Downtown Disney March 13-17. The week will feature inventive cuisine by Irish celebrity chef Kevin Dundon, host of the TASTE Award-winning PBS and Create TV cooking show, “Kevin Dundon’s Modern Irish Food.”
Raglan Road guests ready to “get their green on” can participate in festivities that run from 4 p.m. until 1:30 a.m. March 13 and from noon until 1:30 a.m. March 14-17, including complimentary face painting for guests, and live music. The diverse band lineup headed by Scythian — playing gypsy-infused American Celtic tunes — offers something for everyone:
- Reel Ó Gránde, the newest Raglan Road house band playing traditional Irish ballads, jigs and reels and modern Irish and country music.
- The West Coast Trio from Connemara, playing traditional and contemporary Irish songs on accordion, flute and guitar with plenty of reels and jigs.
- 3 Dollar Band, three extraordinary musicians inspired by Irish and Appalachian music.
- The Brayzen Heads, a popular duo on guitar and banjo playing Raglan Road regularly.
- Drops of Green, an exciting new ballad group from the heart of Ireland.
- The Raglan Road Dancers, seven full-time champion dancers, performing daily
Will you be at Walt Disney World for St. Patrick’s Day?