Even though Halloween and Thanksgiving are still a few weeks away, there is a certain air of jingle bells in the not too distant future. Disneyland will officially roll out its holiday celebrations on November 13th this year and wrap everything up on January 6th for Three Kings Day. There will be plenty of old favorites and some new seasonal fun for the whole family throughout the resort.
- The park will receive a spectacular seasonal makeover with towering Christmas trees, wreaths, and more.
- “A Christmas Fantasy” parade will be presented daily, with Disney characters celebrating the holidays and a special appearance by Santa Claus who, through Dec. 24, will also be greeting guests and listening to holiday wishes at Big Thunder Ranch.
- Both “it’s a small world” Holiday and Haunted Mansion Holiday will return.
- The lights of Sleeping Beauty’s Winter Castle and the “Believe…in Holiday Magic” fireworks show followed by a holiday snowfall on Main Street, U.S.A., New Orleans Square and “it’s a small world” mall.
Not on the list this year is The Jingle Cruise. Will you miss it if it doesn’t return this year?
Disney California Adventure:
- Over in Disney California Adventure, guests may find Santa in a familiar department store setting, greeting guests at Elias & Co. on Buena Vista Street.
- Returning to Disney California Adventure after its successful 2013 debut, “World of Color − Winter Dreams” is hosted by Olaf the snowman from Walt Disney Pictures’ hit animated feature “Frozen.” The holiday version of the popular nighttime “World of Color” show features classic winter scenes from such beloved Disney films as “Bambi,” “Fantasia,” “Toy Story” and, of course, “Frozen.”
- In Disney California Adventure, festive – and often whimsical – holiday décor in Cars Land, “a bug’s land,” Paradise Pier and Buena Vista Street.
- “Disney ¡Viva Navidad!” at Paradise Gardens in Disney California Adventure is a daily celebration inspired by the warmth and joyous spirit of Latino culture and holiday traditions, with festive music and dancing, vibrant colors, delicious food, Disney character appearances and the lively “Disney Viva Navidad! Street Party.” “Disney ¡Viva Navidad!” will conclude with a five-day celebration of the traditional Three Kings Day, Sunday through Tuesday, Jan. 4 through 6.