Guests dining at the popular Boma buffet restaurant inside Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge had a little extra smoke with their Zebra Domes last night. A small fire in a storage room prompted the evacuation of the restaurant and surrounding areas of the hotel around 6:45 pm last night.
According to Reedy Creek Fire & Rescue, the fire wasn’t very big, but it put off a lot of smoke. A full investigation is on-going, but the early suspect is an improperly stored paint can. No injuries or other damage were reported.
After a safety inspection for the rest of the hotel, guests were allowed back into the building around 8pm.