There’s a dish at the Surf’s Up! Breakfast with Mickey & Friends at Disney’s PCH Grill in Disney’s Paradise Pier Hotel that is getting plenty of raves from guests. It’s the Chocolate, Peanut Butter and Banana French Toast from Chef Mark Buan and it brings a new level of delicious decadence to breakfast. I can’t wait to try it.
The good news, is we don’t have to fly to Anaheim, Disney has shared the recipe and a quick how-to video:
Okay, that’s more of a bread pudding, but why quibble over something that looks and tastes as amazing as that. Looks relatively simple to make too.
Full recipe below the jump:
Chocolate, Peanut Butter, Banana French Toast
8 thick slices day-old challah bread
2 ripe bananas
1/4 cup chocolate chips
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
6 eggs, lightly beaten
3/4 cup low-fat chocolate milk
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
Chocolate syrup and powdered sugar, optional
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Coat a 9x13x2-inch baking pan with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- Cut bread into 1-inch cubes and place in a large bowl. Slice bananas into 1/2-inch slices, and add to bowl. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Combine peanut butter, eggs, chocolate milk, cinnamon, and salt in a blender. Process until smooth.
- Pour egg mixture over bread mixture. Stir gently until bread cubes have absorbed egg mixture.
- Pour mixture into prepared baking pan. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or until top is golden brown.
- Before serving, drizzle with chocolate syrup and dust with powdered sugar, if desired.
Source: Disney Parks Blog.