Well hey howdy hey everyone! I have recently been a stranger around these parts, but now that my AP exams are done, I am ready to get back into the swing of things! So expect an announcement for the next Live Tweet soon, but right now, we are in the midst of new TV shows being announced, and ABC has put together a very interesting line-up for the 2013-14 season! I just wanted to give my thoughts on what I am looking forward to for the new season and reminiscing on this past one. Let’s get started!
- Scandal…WHAT THE WHAT?! The show has been known to push the boundaries of crazy (in the best way possible), but that cliffhanger was a doozy. The show did just what us loyal Gladiators want, amazing tension, fantastic characters, and plot points that are so crazy, they make you rewind on the DVR. What were your thoughts on the finale…cause it was BONKERS!
- First season of Revenge was superb, crazy dramatics mixed in with some Emily Thorne badassery and Victoria Grayson awfulness made the show a guilty pleasure that was more pleasure then guilt. Then the 2nd season came and it made a small nosedive. The Initiative?! HUH!? I dropped the show right around January, not only because of school work (the reason I dropped Nashville, though I intend to catch up this summer!), but because the show skewed TOO cuckoo for me. I have heard the season finale was fantastic, so let me know your thoughts, but I’m not sure if I should catch up or leave it dead in the water, like an Amanda Clarke imposter. (HEY-OOO!)
- Once Upon A Time…In Wonderland is a very enticing pilot from the writers of Once Upon A Time (I know…SHOCKER) that takes a semi-dark look at the story of Alice, this time with her being convinced it is a vision as she is put through the ringer to get it abolished via an insane asylum’s tactics. The spin on the story and the actors/effects look great, but I am hesitant only because it is a OUAT spin-off. I dropped the show at the beginning of season 2 due to its flip-flopping nature of 1 great episode, then 2 awful and boring ones, continuing the cycle throughout the season. I will still give the show a try, but I won’t be sticking around long if it has the OUAT curse.
- Mid-season shows this year are my most anticipated, with Mixology looking not only funny, but also really new and interesting (for those who don’t know, 1 bar, 10 people, 1 night. The entire season is about these people hooking up and breaking up over the course of one night.). Resurrection is my most anticipated drama of the season (A boy missing for 30 years wakes up from death in a Chinese rice field, brought back to his parents in Missouri who are now in their 60s and the craziness that follows).
- The scheduling announcement is the best news to come out of the upfront event, as they have decided to do larger groupings of the shows to allow for less repeats. Grey’s Anatomy, for example, has been know to have 4 new episodes, then a break, then 3 episodes, then a break, and so on. Now, they will group 12 new episodes in a row for the show to not only show less repeats, but to also make viewers happier!
- On the brink shows The Neighbors and Suburgatory received new seasons (with The Neighbors being moved to Friday and paired with Last Man Standing) while Body of Proof and Happy Endings got canned (though talks are being made to move the latter to cable, just as Cougar Town did recently). I am a huge Neighbors fan, so I am hoping it can shine on Fridays.
- The most promising comedy ratings and public acceptance wise though, is Rebel Wilson’s Super Fun Night, about 3 semi-awkward and nerdy friends who have spent every night together at their homes for years and are finally trying to break the mold. Rebel’s name will attract many viewers as her fans from Pitch Perfect and Bridesmaids are very loyal. Having the post-Modern Family spot isn’t too shabby either. I will definitely be checking this one out.
What are you most excited about seeing this fall? What were your favorite shows this season? Did you see the finale of Scandal!? Let me know in the comments below! I plan on doing some ABC Live Tweets in the near future, so be on the look out for those. Until next time…Have a Magical Day!
(Side Note- I am really digging the new look of the ABC logo! Loving the yellow tint!)