One of the year’s most critically acclaimed and best reviewed motion picture dramas of the year, Steven Spielberg’s “Lincoln” arrives in North America on Blu-ray Combo Pack, Digital and On-Demand platforms on March 26, 2013 and Internationally on Digital HD beginning on April 24th and Blu-ray/DVD on May 8th. With two Academy Award-wins for “Best Performance By An Actor In A Leading Role” & “Best Achievement In Production Design”; a Golden Globe for “Best Performance by An Actor In A Motion Picture-Drama”; a BAFTA for “Leading Actor”; and AFI “Movie Of The Year,” “Lincoln” is this year’s must-own motion picture to add to any collection!
Although it was a Dreamworks film, Disney did the theatrical distribution for “Lincoln”, so we fans can claim a little ownership that way. But all in all it was just a wonderful film. Check out our review for more.
As a 2013 Oscar and Golden Globe Award-winner for his performance as America’s 16th president, Daniel Day-Lewis leads an all-star cast including Academy Award winners Tommy Lee Jones and Sally Field. Also starring David Strathaim, Joseph Gordon-Levitt and James Spader, “Lincoln” is based on a screenplay by Pulitzer Prize-winner Tony Kushner. The film is scored by multiple Oscar-winner John Williams.
Inspired by the true-life events confronting Abraham Lincoln and his monumental moral and political challenge to amend the United States Constitution to permanently abolish slavery, Lincoln” is a rich and compelling historical and human drama that has been hailed as one of the best film of the year. In-depth bonus features on the Blu-ray/DVD Combo Pack takes viewers behind-the-scenes of director Spielberg’s life-long fascination with Lincoln and the 12 years it took to bring the story of one of history’s and mankind’s greatest triumphs to the screen.
From DreamWorks Pictures and Twentieth Century Fox, in association with Participant Media, “Lincoln” is directed by Steven Spielberg, produced by Spielberg and Kathleen Kennedy, with a screenplay by Tony Kushner, based in part on the book “Team of Rivals: The Political Genius of Abraham Lincoln” by Doris Kearns Goodwin.
4-Disc Blu-ray Combo Pack Super Set (Blu-ray + Bonus Blu-ray + DVD + Digital Copy)
Bonus Features Include:
- The Journey To Lincoln—Steven Spielberg and his collaborators discuss the challenges and excitement of bringing this story of a complex and very human president to the screen.
- A Historic Tapestry: Richmond, Virginia—Steven Spielberg and team discuss the historical significance of Richmond, Virginia, and why they chose to shoot the film there.
- In The Company Of Character—Delve into Daniel Day-Lewis’ portrayal of Lincoln, and discover the authenticity and openness created by the actors and filmmakers on set.
- Crafting The Past—Examine the re-creation of Lincoln’s era through authentic period details in production design, costume and makeup.
- Living With Lincoln—Follow Steven Spielberg, the cast and crew through the shooting of the film, from the battle at Jenkins’ Ferry, through the epic 13th Amendment showdown in the House of Representatives, to Lincoln’s tragic end.
- In Lincoln’s Footsteps—Explore the film’s editing, sound design, and the subtle yet poignant musical score by John Williams, and discover how relevant and inspiring Lincoln still is today.
Pre-order today and help support The Disney Blog.